So, does anyone know how to model 1/25 trucks?

Keffer inc

Hey everyone, I want to model my 1999 Mack CH613 SBA, I seen a resin kit I can buy that has just the hood, bumper, cab, and interior. Downside, I haven't found a mid-roof sleeper, could make one I guess. But now where should I get the frame and such? I need a donor kit?

This is the first model I've attempted since I was a kit, first from scratch ever, so I don't know much.

If you want to build a really good model you have to do a total scratch built.

With so many options in the hobby market you're still not able to assemble a correct model.

You need a frame of the kind like Superliner RW truck has (in general). But if try to use a frame off Italery Superliner you will get a frame of Freightliner or some other truck style. The same about rears and so on.

So if you're not going to build up your project starting from a zero level (as I do with not much luck) you just need to buy a 1:25 kit of a different truck wich would be close to what you want about a wb and an engine/tranny and combine it to the stuff you have.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

i did see a ch with a midroof sleeper model kit on e-bay once. i looked at it because i have thought of making a model of my vision and noticed the mid roof sleeper and clicked on it but it was a ch not a vision. all the vision sleeper models iv seen are high rise sleepers witch is kinda odd to me as most the visions you see on the road are midroofs. i just looked for it and i could not find it again

Hello!

Jim - thanks for mentioning my build thread here!

I almost agree with Vlad - well maybe not a total scratchbuild, but lots of scratchbuilding is usually the way to go. It also depends on what you are trying to achieve and how much time and dedication you have. It's totally OK for many people to just slap a good looking cab on the Freightliner frame - and the word "just" isn't really correct here, it's still a lot of work. But building your own frame isn't really so much harder. Having the option of measuring everything makes things a little easier. It's still good to get some donor kit for things like wheels, horns, sometimes even good rears, engine or transmission can be had from such a kit.

Hope it helps and I'd be glad to help if there are more questions - good luck with your build and have a nice day

Paweł