E7 350 Mechanical. Is it time for a bigger turbo? Experts needed

dds92780

I will have to look but from what i remember DO NOT run it into the intake side on the left. It will cause bad readings and shaky bouncing needle on the gauge. If i remember correctly i put it on the passenger side somewhere on the top of the engine area. I can look later for you though and take a picture.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

There are threaded ports in your intake manifold where you can install a sensing line to go to your boost gauge. If your gauge fluctuates too much with your sensing line hooked to the manifold you may need to install a port in your charge air piping where it comes from your charge air cooler just before your manifold.

There are threaded ports in your intake manifold where you can install a sensing line to go to your boost gauge. If your gauge fluctuates too much with your sensing line hooked to the manifold you may need to install a port in your charge air piping where it comes from your charge air cooler just before your manifold.

Yes thats what i did!

Ok I'm gonna take it into the manifold and see how she works. Btw good luck with the upgrade turbo install. I always thought about that as well. Someone has cranked my pump up before I got the truck because the truck pours black smoke. Maybe a turbo upgrade is in my future..... Hmmmmmmm. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for useful info on this topic. It turns out that i will need a 5 inch exhaust to get this bigger turbo. I am not going crazy and going with a 460 hp turbo though. I am going for a s400 turbo 400-427 hp with 1.25 EH. is this a bad idea? where do i get a 5 inch exhaust?