E7 350 turbo

woodhog

I have a E7 350,I would like to know if I put a E7 460 turbo on it will I have any performance gain? I currently am pulling 27-30 pounds of boost and pyro runs about 950 to 1050 on a good pull. I also have put a air to air thats supposed to cool up to 1000 hp.I do have some fuel turned to it. I would like to know halls opinion on how to get more out of my little dog.

Also double check your timing.Some guys want to advance the timing too much.I installed a turbo from a 427 HP on my E7 350 and it cooled the EGT down a lot but I have the fuel set up on it also.I gained about 6 psi when I changed but the big thing is I now can stand on it for a longer time before the EGT comes up to 1000

• Like 1

glenn akers

I've always wondered why they could have an electronic 454 based on that same pump. But only a 350 Mechanical. I' am guessing emmissions might be the answer. i kinda recall that that is what killed the early e7-400. Anyway how hard would it be to build a 454 mechanical from 350?

Just forgetting the emissions I would say that you could build a mechanical big horse engine but the main thing is it would be so easy to damage with out the electrical timing.a mechanical pump is fixed timed.A hot engine needs to be able to change the timing all day long as needed.To keep the cold diesel smoke or white smoke and slow to accerate when timed slow enough to live with much fuel you need a way of advancing at low power modes or at idle.If you don't understand what am talking about ask some one with a Vmac that the timing advance has stopped advancing and see what they say.If you was going to be pulling all time then you could retard the timing on a mechanical pump and leave it.

glenn akers

There was a guy on here who played around with his e7 350 and got great results.

If you search these words "new turbo, new aftercooler and pump turned up equals fun" you should be able to find it.

Hope that helps.