turbo noise

Ray1953

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

reman with 1 year warranty same as Mack

just did a report on Cummins for an international marketing course and they remain turbos for other leading OEM manufactures and suppliers according to the PR folks and there video, so like most things that are reman they start with an OEM core and make it back to new, in fact cummins has developed a process that can build up surfaces to bring it back to before OEM so the part can be re-machined and I am not talking welding, it is like a 3D print process building up material than reheating for bond, go to the cummins youtube web site and they have an 8 minute video on the reman process.

I found the link in a powerpoint that I made for my presentation

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Buyautoparts sells some great looking junk.And that is not nothen to do with cummins building process.If you get some junk turbo on your engine with a load say hot asphalt and blow a turbo a year worth of warranty ant going to buy the load or wrecker bill or engine damage done from a good looking turbo.Buying on line from some of these sites is dangerest at the least.Buy from a store that has been proven even if its more money.Any more when a driver blows a turbo so many of them want to get to the nearest truck stop and I have seen them come in with out any oil in the pan. No ones warrany will help you then.

glenn akers

Hi. I've been in a similar situation. My local cummins dealership wanted something like $3500 for a remanufactured turbo, and you have to give them your old turbo so they can rebuild it to rip some other bastard off. But a local fuel injection place can do brand new ones cheaper and you've got your old one to rebuild.

So my advice is to try a local, good quality fuel injection place and try them... Hope you can get it sorted.

• Like 1