15" spokes

rsb502

Well I got one for ya, got a trailer I'm lookin to acquire but it's got 15" spokes. I have 0 experience with em so the question is, can I swap to a tubeless 17.5 or 19.5 or anything on those spiders? I just hate tube tires and they have some cracks so its about tire Time.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

17.5 as Jim said above

regular profile tires were getting hard to find before we went out in 2010

low pro 21575R17.5 or 23575R17.5 not cheap, and pain in the ass to mount (not much sidewall flex)

Biggest downfall is the brakes 121/4"x71/2", doesn't stop like 161/2" brakes and don't last as long

Ron

What those guys said plus. Be especially careful if you got an old school lowbed . Check the SLR (static loaded radius fancy wording for what will be the height of the center of your axles when the thing is loaded) for the tires your are getting. The 10.00 and 11.00 fifteens are tall tires 235 or 245 17.5 are the best you can get but they still aren't as tall. The frames on these type trailers ride close to the ground as it is. Also you won't find a tubeless tire that will be rated for nearly as much weight as a ten hundred fifteen but this not usually an issue because not many people actually put( nor states allow) a 35 or 40 ton load on these type trailers anymore.

Aight, thanks for the info, this is an old 40' moving van so the only clearance issue is height but with a shorter 215/75 tire that is a non issue. I just don't want to put any money into the 15's and have to deal with tubes and boots and all the b.s. that goes along with it and the weight is no problem, I'll probably never put 20,000 in this thing.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"