1946 Brockway clutch question

1958 F.W.D.

Posting this for my father:

A friend who does not do computers at all but does do antique busses (especially school busses) and one fire truck is looking for a part. His fire truck is built on a 1946 Brockway chassis. It has a 42BX Continental gas engine and a 5-speed Fuller transmission 5A3305P. He is unable to identify the clutch make and model. He needs a clutch fork. The fork has the number "2772" cast into it. My guess is that the fork is also a vendor part and not unique to Brockway. Any out there?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

According to wikipedia (about as trustworthy as a truck driver CB story- but the Wikipedia link did cite multiple credible sources in the bibliography) Lipe was swallowed up by Emerson Electric (Emerson Industrial Automation) and several clues lead me to believe it was to get the Rollway line of bearings. I have sent their customer support folks an email. Not holding my breath. In the meantime anyone have a 2772 fork laying around?

• 1 month later...

For future needs, has been in business 60+ years, miles of dusty aisles of NOS clutch and fork parts still wrapped, complete NOS heavy truck clutch assemblies spanning 60+ years AND, best of all, capable of rebuilding to factory-new condition any heavy duty truck clutch. Some of the shop machinery is over 80 years old.

This isn't an advertisement. I've had two unusual and obsolete heavy clutches rebuilt there for very fair prices with meticulous workmanship.

www.buffaloclutch.com

Hi Sam...

I found the clutch fork you need. You can PM me for more info. I tried sending you an email through the Brockway message board, not sure if it went through.

Tom

Tom, I sent you a PM with my pop's cell number. Please reach out to him, and thanks for the help!