2005 CHN613 ASET 427 power/torque/boost loss PLEASE HELP

TorresTransport

No he didn’t man I’m headed to Lowe’s to grab some kroil and head out there to the truck when I crossed up the part numbers that Mack in spfld gave clay I got EEX-2054 for both.  same part for front 1/3 and rear 1/3 I gotta get them apart today for sure and figure out how I’m gona get the part. I and everything I need with it gaskets studs the whole 9 

13 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

No he didn’t man I’m headed to Lowe’s to grab some kroil and head out there to the truck when I crossed up the part numbers that Mack in spfld gave clay I got EEX-2054 for both.  same part for front 1/3 and rear 1/3 I gotta get them apart today for sure and figure out how I’m gona get the part. I and everything I need with it gaskets studs the whole 9 

Yeah, he said he didn't have a chance yesterday. You're right about the front and rear being the same part number, but start praying you don't need the center, thing's unavailable into the next century right now. 

10 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

U bet thanks man.  Where exactly does the 1/8 inch blockoff plate meet to go

under the EGR Valve! also if the guy has an air hammer that can assist in removing the manifold end! assuming the center section is still usable! how ever the less you disturb the better off you are if the egr valve can stay on leave it on if the part is that scarce  might be an idea to leave it alone the studs that hold the valve can break!

I carry an air hammer in the damn truck lol I’m headed out there I’ll keep u guys posted he made it sound like center was useable he’s worried we won’t get it apart 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

U bet thanks man.  Where exactly does the 1/8 inch blockoff plate meet to go

Missed this, but in response to FJH's comment, here's a picture to help.

image.png.0ae3cabadbe9bb5ad556768c893dad2c.png

Instead of the gasket Option 8, put the plate there. This is 90° from the turbo on the manifold. 

Edited by The Heinz

2 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Okay high temp gasket maker or should I make something out of gasket naterial

Re Read the other post on the other thread bro I added caution there

9 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Okay I don’t know if he took edge valve off or not 

anything involving bolts on the hot side of any of these EGR engines is a pain ! MP engines are worse! turbo studs break everything is bad on them! after about a year of operation its a nightmare to have to work on any exhast stuff! Just ask Heinz how much exhaust stuff he sells for MP engines! and is cheaper to buy the part some times than piss around trying to get broken studs out!

9 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Yea I did buddy if it’s good and he didn’t take it off I’m  not gona risk it if that center pc is good if it’s not I don’t know what I’m gona do  

Yup good plan! Some Guys get carried away pulling everything to bits when its not necessary specially when parts are scarce ! I wasn't thinking about that when I first posted! Let sleeping dogs lie! disturb as little as possible!

22 minutes ago, fjh said:

anything involving bolts on the hot side of any of these EGR engines is a pain ! MP engines are worse! turbo studs break everything is bad on them! after about a year of operation its a nightmare to have to work on any exhast stuff! Just ask Heinz how much exhaust stuff he sells for MP engines! and is cheaper to buy the part some times than piss around trying to get broken studs out!

Any time an exhaust manifold comes off, quote every bolt, stud, nut, spacer, and gasket. Also quote some Kroil. Got one in the shop right now that started as an EGR cooler R&R, turned into exhaust manifold replacement for exactly what you think. 

Want to know a worse truck for frozen bolts? Hino. Their DPF's are bolted into the SCR system, not clamped. So when the crappy injectors overfuel and melt the DPF, you also get to fight seized hardware the entire time. Awful. 

• Like 1

Okay guys here’s the big ? We have clay is pretty salty with the Mack’s we have here and he owns 2 that are deleted he’s worried about how it’s programmed I’ll explain we can from pai I’ll probably need hienz for that get an exhaust manifold that will fit that doesn’t have a place for an egr valve comes in a kit with studs and gaskets  so that would eliminate having to plate it but they only have 1 pipe out of the egr plugged so the s pipe with the 2 sensors on it is still moving exhaust if we eliminate it and cut those sensors out will it kill the boost we will get if it not programmed for them to be gone?

36 minutes ago, The Heinz said:

Any time an exhaust manifold comes off, quote every bolt, stud, nut, spacer, and gasket. Also quote some Kroil. Got one in the shop right now that started as an EGR cooler R&R, turned into exhaust manifold replacement for exactly what you think. 

Want to know a worse truck for frozen bolts? Hino. Their DPF's are bolted into the SCR system, not clamped. So when the crappy injectors overfuel and melt the DPF, you also get to fight seized hardware the entire time. Awful. 

Yup we used to sell the Hino product ! They are a good unit but like Volvo they know how to charge for parts! 

13 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Okay guys here’s the big ? We have clay is pretty salty with the Mack’s we have here and he owns 2 that are deleted he’s worried about how it’s programmed I’ll explain we can from pai I’ll probably need hienz for that get an exhaust manifold that will fit that doesn’t have a place for an egr valve comes in a kit with studs and gaskets  so that would eliminate having to plate it but they only have 1 pipe out of the egr plugged so the s pipe with the 2 sensors on it is still moving exhaust if we eliminate it and cut those sensors out will it kill the boost we will get if it not programmed for them to be gone?

24 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

NO! do not cut wires ! leave everything as is! You risk a derate if there is an open circuit! the  computer as is now just sees there is not enough EGR flow!  And will just open the EGR valve more! if its blocked it won't matter! changing manifolds will require a different turbo the wheel speed sensor won't be there  something the computer looks at!  BRO  don't mess with things we know what were dealing with up to this point! Till you got enough cash to deal with the turbo end leave things alone! You know what to do to make it pull! 

• Like 1

Dodger  please don't take offence ! I am trying to view this from the big picture  your current financial and personal  challenges as well keep the costs to a minimum while weigh off the other stuff that's been going on in your life there ! The father situation is going to be a difficult and long haul as well! That's a nasty situation ! One of my good customers son had LGD it took its toll on his life style! 

• Like 1

Oh ya no your not offending me at all man I appreciate all of you  center section is good air hammer and good lubricant did the trick going to replace the front third three of the injector things ECUs or EBU or whatever they called compressor turbo gasket and probably gonna order a new control valve controller for the gate. As soon as I get free of some money, I’m gonna have Hines get me the filter assembly for that VGT filter and put it back on there, we’re gonna run cleaner with this old valve for just a little while to try to get the old pushed out. I’ll change the lights change the valve controller and put the filter assembly on and then will be just like it was when it come out. Anything you have done I appreciate your help people these days. Don’t help strangers kind of refreshing to see it spend as much time with me as y’all.have 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Ya sorry about that if folks just helped one another like we have done here what a world we would have. I’ll keep you posted have it back together tomorrow and hopefully runnin like a scalded dog

• Like 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

if the center section is good..  RE-USE IT !!  Volvo is proud of that part, and it may be on national backorder..  put eyes on it !!  

sitting in the background reading AND learning on this one.  am amazed at the sentence RE- USE IT. and also the follow up comments of separating the three pieces.  in the day , after extended periods of use ,the three pieces were mated for life. one cracked (couldn't be re welded) then 3 pieces were purchased. do newer style have the expansion ring on 2 end  internal pieces for a seal ??

There arent any sealing rings any more, like an E-9 would have. Good to see you here Mech...

• Thanks 1

I take all the help I  can get fjh  ,Joe and hienz are above and beyond good guys 

When I see a guy working as hard as you have to keep things together Life included! I'm going to help where I can! Im sure Joey and Hienz feel the same way! Anytime Bro!

• Like 1
  • Like 1