2005 CHN613 ASET 427 power/torque/boost loss PLEASE HELP

TorresTransport

It not being able to self check ain’t good ! It will not set it self in the right spot to run right! The way I understood this set up is ! Is it gauges it’s self at every start up comupter then decides where to run it if don’t stroke right it gauges wrong so it doesn’t run where it’s spose to! 
just sayin! 

• Like 1

yes, FJH makes a good point,, this Is why I was stressing the need to check the small air filter..  I have solved low power complaints many times with a fresh filter..  

Just something to try!  So have your wife repeat the key on sequence this time you push the lever with a screw driver  till it bottoms this will give the puter the right  measurement to start things ! see if the power is better ! Don't turn the key off just start it! this may lead us some where!??? the Vanes may be sticking or the pot that operates it may be faulty! It may also be full of oil you have a total mess there with that filter being gone! As Joey mentioned It was there for a reason now its not!😡

• Like 1

Sorry guys I had to breathe a bit I was getting pissed off not at you all by no means just frustrated I got excited when I thought we where on to something with the filter and bummed that it’s gone .. so I know that this is not ideal but I’ve done it before I’m gona take compressor half apart and clean it and run alcohol or brake clean through the air lines and try to get some of the oil pushed out I have ordered a new remaned compressor with no filter I gotta have clean air do you all agree on that for sure

yes to clean air..  I dont know how the VGT can move if the filter is gone.  The VGT air goes through the filter before it goes to the turbo..  Man I wish me and FJH was there to look at this Sh!t show..  take another break..  its getting late..  

To self check I need a boost gauge correct what ur saying makes total sense if it’s not setting right it won’t run right what’s odd is it’s all the way extended bottomed out usually when truck is off it is up so the sticking thing makes sense too can I reinstall that filter set up and will you all tell me what lines need to run to it if I do

6 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

Ya it is thanks everybody you guys are first class ..! 

All good bro we’re here to help!The thing is the damage is already done! The oil is already thru the system The controler   And the slave are polluted it’s going to be a crap shoot if you can get this back to square one with out a big bag of money! It looks like it could use a new turbo not cheap! The controller not cheap We will try help out however…….. the dog is out of the kennel!

• Like 1

Ya we now know what we are up against at least I figure maybe if I get the new compressor on and just try and keep running it it will push some of the oil out also I will start replacing air lines as I go along I’ll just buy a roll of plastic line and use it up the other things I was thinking do u guys know much about the big bear e7 motors I have seen them reasonably priced compared to what I’m used to with cat motors but just being honest I sold out my last last rd tractor sold last June I took all my doe paid stuff off we had a family disaster at home I had to move quick here we are truck has to run so we eat but it needs so much .. no quit in me we will get it done 

• Sad 1

Joey Mack, it’s getting its air from this there is a line running from this valve to the actuator that black line right there probably used to come out of the filter that has vanished they just looped it back into the mixt.. there is another kinda skinny inline valve with a red stopper lookin thing on it this one loops to that one from the skinny one down the frame they just diverted it and bypassed the filter.. finding out about compressor tomorrow hopefully this week installed then we start cleaning night fellas IMG_5344.thumb.jpeg.98dc92190ab1c07a14e751b9acf37cce.jpegIMG_5344.thumb.jpeg.98dc92190ab1c07a14e751b9acf37cce.jpeg

• Like 1

No sh!t ??  Bypassed,  ok..  the air line going to the turbo should be a #4 stainless braided line.  I wish i had a bunch of pictures of a complete  AC engine. 

IMG_5336.thumb.jpeg.36e7f65237da5a782969dedc2c6423aa.jpegYa it’s runnin right out of that valve over the engine into the actuator if I could get my hands on that filter assembly I could put it back on I’d say look at this pick u see close to firewall that skinny valve with red knob on it it’s looped thru that instead of goin thru the filter assembly red knob red hose goin to it 

IMG_5337.png

That valve is the air regulator for the filter, the red button is a dust cover, theres a relief valve behind it. After a while they will leak.  Easy repair..

If that last post didn’t make much sense If that last post didn’t make much sense, I’m trying to do talk to text while I’m driving FJH was correct FJH was correct if that actuator is in the right place when you start  truck runs good 

• Like 1

The truck in our shop didn't have the same complaints, but I feel like at least mentioning one repair we made could be related to your issues. The truck was showing faults for VTG Position Sensor code 4-5, Turbocharger Speed code 6-2, among others. I don't know if the VGT was sweeping correctly before or not, so I can't say if this truck had the same problem or not.

10 minutes ago, Artful dodger said:

This morning it’s throwing 9-5.  2-9 8-1 4-9 8-4 

9-5 is a compressor discharge temp sensor fault, 2-9 is combustion air temp sensor, 8-1 and 8-4 are injector faults for their respective cylinders, and 4-9 is your EGR valve code for being blocked most likely. 

9-5 is a compressor discharge temp sensor fault, 2-9 is combustion air temp sensor

check the boot to hood alinment on the air cleaner!

So as I suspected the sweep check at start up determines how your engine will run for the day in this instance don't shut it off unless you have some one there to help reset the lever! you might get away with just replacing the slave portion of the turbo! Heinz do you know if they still can supply this!   sorry I forget the actual part name!

Its a bit of an asshole thing to replace getting the nut off and the pin out can be a bitch!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fjh said:

9-5 is a compressor discharge temp sensor fault, 2-9 is combustion air temp sensor

check the boot to hood alinment on the air cleaner!

So as I suspected the sweep check at start up determines how your engine will run for the day in this instance don't shut it off unless you have some one there to help reset the lever! you might get away with just replacing the slave portion of the turbo! Heinz do you know if they still can supply this!   sorry I forget the actual part name!

Its a bit of an asshole thing to replace getting the nut off and the pin out can be a bitch!

I'm digging a little more to see if it's possible, but so far it appears to be sold with the turbo... I'll update if I find anything different. 

EDIT: Found a possibility, I'll need a VIN to confirm fitment. 

image.png.1c8e884d5bae20cdea88b318eb34905a.png

Edited by The Heinz
More Info
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Artful dodger said:

Ya it is thanks everybody you guys are first class ..! 

All good bro we’re here to help!The thing is the damage is already done! The oil is already thru the system The controler   And the slave are polluted it’s going to be a crap shoot if you can get this back to square one with out a big bag of money! It looks like it could use a new turbo not cheap! The controller not cheap We will try help out however…….. the dog is out of the kennel!

Perfect, superseded turbo part number is 631GC5176EM10X, and the actuator kit I found online is compatible with with this turbo. Here's the link. I don't know how trustworthy this site is, nor do I know the quality of the part. 

The turbo itself is not cheap, dealer cost is around $4k... But Nextran in Kansas City, MO shows to have one in stock as of yesterday. 

24 minutes ago, The Heinz said:

I'm digging a little more to see if it's possible, but so far it appears to be sold with the turbo... I'll update if I find anything different. 

EDIT: Found a possibility, I'll need a VIN to confirm fitment. 

image.png.1c8e884d5bae20cdea88b318eb34905a.png

PAI ?????

I forgot to mention it, but PAI is actually more expensive than OEM?! PAI ETC-8246 is $3,722.65 at cost vs the OEM turbo at $3123.31 at cost. I rounded up the price to account for tax and whatever markup the dealer "graciously" applies. Wow. 

The OEM turbo is available in warehouses as well, any dealer could get next weekday but with a nasty freight charge.