1995 mack ch613 e-7 427 blowing coolant from overflow help!

cschaeffer6

i have a 1995 mack ch613 e-7 427. it has 399k miles on it. it recently started blowing coolant from overflow bottle until it would run low and overheat. i recently changed radiator, hoses, thermostat with no change. any ideas would be a great help. the truck also starts right up and runs great.

fill rad. and run eng. with cap off watch for air bubbles ,if present find a repair shop. head or liner problems most likely .if no air bubbles check rad. for plugged or restricted flow also make sure water pump is moving coolant, use a temp gun to check coolant temp drop from top port to bottom port ( 40-60) degree drop is normal

Had that problem a few years ago with a '97 e7-427 with about 500,000 on it , after changing thermostat , cap and tanks noticed with a new clear tank bubbles were showing up long after shutdown thought it was too long to be a compression leak . It ended up being a bad compressor air pressure was going back through the collant line. We replaced the compressor problem solved truck now has 850000 still going strong

I will add mine as well, 1997 with 427 E-7, we could haul from the field to the yard no problem but if it was over 5 miles it would blow out antifreeze. After 2 years of struggling it ended up being the heads, as we got them tested, It was the pressure from the turbo that was sending in the extra pressure. Crack in the intake port. On the little short hauls it never got going very fast.

• 4 years later...