Floor Rusted Out

Is it hard to restore the floor when its rusted out? Where should i start?

Thanks

My Floor was junk, so i replaced all of it, its not to bad of a job just alot of time, i also put new cross supports in, i made a card board pattern of the floor before i started then just put it over a plate of steel to cut it out, be sure you put some kind of temporay braces in before you take the cross pieces out to keep the cab from springing one way or the other :mack1:

My Floor was junk, so i replaced all of it, its not to bad of a job just alot of time, i also put new cross supports in, i made a card board pattern of the floor before i started then just put it over a plate of steel to cut it out, be sure you put some kind of temporay braces in before you take the cross pieces out to keep the cab from springing one way or the other :mack1:

Thanks for the help!!!

:mack1:

20060626041155_20060626.jpg

Here are the pics to what I've done to mine.

http://groups.msn.com/bigmacktrucks/larrysmack.msnw

Worked out pretty simple and much sturdier then originally. Looks pretty original after painting it black too(just missing the "ribs", but since I added 1x1 sq. tubing under floor, ribs weren't needed anyway.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Here are the pics to what I've done to mine.

http://groups.msn.com/bigmacktrucks/larrysmack.msnw

Worked out pretty simple and much sturdier then originally. Looks pretty original after painting it black too(just missing the "ribs", but since I added 1x1 sq. tubing under floor, ribs weren't needed anyway.

Dude that look awsome. Spent over an hour looking at all of the pics. You got on nice rig. How heavy was that fifth wheel that you took off?

Thanks for the help

Well, I used my engine crane to pull it off. You can slide it around on the pavement, sorta, but not pick it up. They aren't light at all!

I've since put it back on truck and converted my trailer to pin style coupler.

Larry

Well, I used my engine crane to pull it off. You can slide it around on the pavement, sorta, but not pick it up. They aren't light at all!

I've since put it back on truck and converted my trailer to pin style coupler.

Yeah i bet. I havent taken mine of the b model yet. Im going to soon. How much do those things weigh?

Thanks

Ya, depending on what kind of mounting plate you have. If you only have side rails, it won't be bad. Mine has 3/4" plate that it's mounted too. Makes it really heavy! I did notice a ride difference after putting it back on!

Larry

Ya, depending on what kind of mounting plate you have. If you only have side rails, it won't be bad. Mine has 3/4" plate that it's mounted too. Makes it really heavy! I did notice a ride difference after putting it back on!

Yeah mine is on a side rails. haha yeah i bet you noticed a ride difference when you put the 5th wheel back on. :P