Clutch problems

Replaced tranny (8ll) with reman and used old clutch against my better judgement the driver said every thing was great two weeks later he said clutch has no free play and when u push clutch to shift the rpms never change and it wont come out of gear i havent looked at truck yet my self just lookin for some pointers in my thinking if i adjust clutch to get proper free play it will not help the the release problem

Sounds like yer clutch shit the bed. I'd yank it and send it out to be reman. What kinda truck? Make/Model of tranny & clutch? Let this be a learning experience.....Never install a used component that is a critical part of the drive line. My father always used to say "Putting in a used part is like having sex with a lot lizard- sure it might work and it might be ok, but you never know what might happen or what you are getting after the fact."

It's OK to buy a used component but always get them rebuilt/reman!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I strongley recomened a new clutch when the tranny was out but my boss the guy writin the check said we will put one in when it goes hes also not the guy rollin around on the floor removin the tranny. The truck is a 99 mack rd688s cable clutch not sure the model of trans of the top of my head (8ll) all i got till mon

• Like 1