Electronic injection converted to mechanical injection.?

I saw a few years back someone turned a electronic cat into mechanical injection. Do these new diesels still have a auxiliary gear to run an air compressor that is timed to 1/2 the engine rpm? Was thinking a simple adapter for a injection pump and sleeves for an mecanical injector and 99% of these engine issues would be solved.

Not interested in discussing emissions hurdles. Just how hard would it be?

• Like 1

The guy to talk to is Rick Plauman in Buffalo NY. He owns Great Lakes American Diesel and that's his specialty Caterpillar Engines all of them he takes newer C15 and C18's and takes all electronics off and installs Robert Bosch fuel injection systems. And they put out big horsepower. I talked to him at MATS in Lousiville KY last year I'm sure he'll have a booth there next week he usually does. His office number is 716-822-2298

• 5 years later...
On 3/19/2014 at 5:51 PM, BAD DOG said:

The guy to talk to is Rick Plauman in Buffalo NY. He owns Great Lakes American Diesel and that's his specialty Caterpillar Engines all of them he takes newer C15 and C18's and takes all electronics off and installs Robert Bosch fuel injection systems. And they put out big horsepower. I talked to him at MATS in Lousiville KY last year I'm sure he'll have a booth there next week he usually does. His office number is 716-822-2298

I wouldnt do business with Rick Plauman unless you want to get ripped off

Wasn't that outfit back in the 70's claming 850 out of 3406 engines they never said how bad it would be on fuel. I talked to a guy that had a souped up 3408 and he clamed 800 hp. he said it was a blast to drive but the truck was a killer on his wallet for fuel so he just took it to truck shows.