MH heater motor

There are adjustment sleeves built into the middle of the control cables to adjust the throw to the different doors.

If the cables aren't broken and are still fixed on the control head "I've seen them break off of there too"

you can usually get some more movement from the cables by turning the adjustment sleeves one way or the other (either shorten or lengthen the cable).

Ron

Yes I saw the adjusters but the cables are broke and the dash control is worn out. I know it sounds crude but im going to drill a hole and put a choke cable in to control the heater/defroster door. the truck is a mutt. Not much to look at.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

You laugh about the auxiliary heating systems...

About 100 years ago as a kid on a job site in Middletown, Ct. there was a contractor with a few old B-61 bombers running on -site only placing material. One older black gentleman in particular drove one and it had no heat...sooooooo he took an old Kero-Sun kerosene heater and removed the passenger seat, and bungee corded the heater down to stay warm.

The best part of this entire story ends with the visual of him sitting in that old B Model, cooking a can of B & M Baked Beans on the heater...that ain't no lie either! :loldude:

• Like 1

Either that or ill buy a winter bomb truck maybe say a truck with a hood. That way I could put a wood stove in it just cut a hole in the roof for a pipe. After all, its just a convential :loldude:

Hey now....that ain't very nice of ya..... :tease:

You laugh about the auxiliary heating systems...

About 100 years ago as a kid on a job site in Middletown, Ct. there was a contractor with a few old B-61 bombers running on -site only placing material. One older black gentleman in particular drove one and it had no heat...sooooooo he took an old Kero-Sun kerosene heater and removed the passenger seat, and bungee corded the heater down to stay warm.

The best part of this entire story ends with the visual of him sitting in that old B Model, cooking a can of B & M Baked Beans on the heater...that ain't no lie either! :loldude:

He should have registered it as an RV if it has cooking facilities.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I always thought that's what Peterbuilts were for?! Use them when the roads are dirty so I don't get my Cabovers dirty. LOL

We'll see about that when one of those cabovers are riding on the Tru Hitch behind a HOOD... :lol: