Looking for more info

Glutenhauler

VIN 1M1AK07Y87N023744 Can anyone tell me how much horsepower I have? It feels like the engine gives up going up a hill. There are a couple hills I go up several times a day that I end up in the low side of 6th before I stop losing speed. My boss gave me the ok to get a rerate. I found a thread on here with different options like the 460XT or the 427. I've got the Eaton 13spd but do not know the gear ratio of the rearends. I gross 86000 pulling a belt trailer. I would like to hear some opinions on what you guys think would ne the best option for the rerate

Thanks,

Brent

Thanks macktech. The tag on the engine has the engine serial # and valve clearances but that's it. It's a Remack. I'll have to check with my boss to see when it was put in but I do know the local freightliner dealer rebuilt it 2 months ago. Hopefully I'll have time to get into Mack this week to get checked out

As Macktech689 siad its a 460P, Back on 5/3/11 it was at a dealer and have the software and data files in the ECM's updated. Should pull pretty good when running correctly. Whats your turbo boost pressure under a load? We usually see around 33psi on one that runs as it should.

• 2 weeks later...