What Is This?

If I had to guess I would say you have a fuller transmission 9,13, or 18 speed and that would be the "slave Valve", when you shift your "flipper" for a range change you send an air signal to that slave valve then it shifts the rear box from low to high or vice versa. It has a mechanical interlock "pin" that allows you to preselect your range before shifting out of gear, then when you move the stick into neutral it makes the range shift. Just a guess though....

No expert on 13 spds, but I'd say that's a pretty good guess.

What do the air lines hook to?

The PTO is usually down on the bottom side of the main box.

I ant sure what his question is but that is the shifter air valve and i see some one is getting air supply thru the black 1/4 plactic hose at the suppy fitting to the air vave form the 62psi air regulator for the trans system and may be using the 62psi to shift their pto unit which is not fair at all.

glenn akers

If I had to guess I would say you have a fuller transmission 9,13, or 18 speed and that would be the "slave Valve", when you shift your "flipper" for a range change you send an air signal to that slave valve then it shifts the rear box from low to high or vice versa. It has a mechanical interlock "pin" that allows you to preselect your range before shifting out of gear, then when you move the stick into neutral it makes the range shift. Just a guess though....

It is a Fuller 9 speed, and I traced the air lines and they do run back to the switch for the hi/lo on the shifter. Wondering why that little green wire was in there with them and is now cut back?

Justin LaMountain

Consulting Forester

and Horselogger

Green Man Forestry

It is a Fuller 9 speed, and I traced the air lines and they do run back to the switch for the hi/lo on the shifter. Wondering why that little green wire was in there with them and is now cut back?

it is likly the exhast for the range button