superliner not turning hard enough

whitegold

is there any adjustment anywhere to make the rw turn shorter? it turns "okay" to the right, but does not turn to the left very good. and the stops on the axle are not hitting. would a different steering box be a solution? from an rd maybe? its a 1990 rw613.

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....

if the stops aren't touching there is a mechanical issue in the steering gear although not necessarily in the box, the front end( tie rod, drag link) may be way out of adjustment, does the truck pull to one side on the road? count the turns from center to one side, then the same for the other if they aren't the same something isn't centered or is not turning all the way. Some people crank on the drag link to center the steering wheel even though its out far enough to move the pitman arm or steering shaft when installing new parts, then the box hits the internal stop and the mis adjusted drag link stops the axle from turning all the way.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Check your front springs pins, it holds your springs together and center your axle on springs, if one is broken it will cause that problem, also check that your steering wheel is centered if not then you got issues with your tie ends are not adjusted correctly. turn your steering from far left to far right counting your revolutions of your steering wheel, then turn 1/2 back and check that your tires are straight ahead.

the truck never pulled either way goin down the road, now I really cant even check anything too much cuz its in the shop with blown head gasket. but I do know it has a bad hop between 55-60 just cruising, not on or off the throttle, but mostly when in 8th gear, drop to 7th and it settles down for the most part. but I will check it out when it gets back hopefully soon (not soon enough) and see whats goin on.

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....

it doesn't pull to either side goin down the road, just a shake between 55-60 mostly in 8th gear, drop to 7th and its fine. but right now its in the shop cuz it decided to blow a head gasket... so now im runnin the w9 again. when I get it back ill check more on it

THE MILKMAN DID IT.....