Electronic Envelopes May Replace Windshield Wipers

kscarbel

Forbes / December 15, 2015

In a few years, the rubber-stripped blades that have kept rain, snow and sleet off car windshields for nearly a century may become a thing of the past.

New ultrasound technology being developed by UK-based McLaren Group's chief designer Frank Stephenson is adapting technology pioneered for fighter jets as an alternative to the traditional windshield wiper.

High-frequency sound waves envelop the windshield like a force field, repelling water, insects and anything else that gets in its way.

The U.S. Navy has used similar electromagnetic envelopes to prevent barnacles from growing on the hull of their ships.

• Like 1

Interesting,but I don't drive a ship :unsure: I suppose people can't be expected to think for themselves anymore,and technology,no matter the cost,will make things better for everyone,right?...................After all,its for the children........................sorry my .02 :angry:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I can see the 1 800 lawyers gearing up for the ultra sonic tumors as we read this.......

post-3242-0-03393800-1387421677.jpg

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE