Windshield Glass 1952 125 LS

SMFire History

We are in need of windshield glass for our 1952 125LS. We have one side (2 pieces) of the windshield trim and will try to source the other but I'm wondering if there are templates readily available for the glass? I can ask my buddies in Oceanside to pull one of their pieces if necessary but I'm hoping not to have to ask.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dom

E model rear window glass drawing 15EH247.pdf

You can also contact the museum and have them Email you a dimensional drawing for the glass.

With a little care you can make your own template to take to the glass shop.

I did this for the rear window in my "E" model.

Mat board for framing pictures is great to use for a template and is available at Michaels or A.C. Moore.

Ron

A good local glass shop should be able to come by make a template and cut your glass, where you are located in CA there is a lot of older mom/pops glass shops that can do this. There is a guy near LA that will bend glass too, he bought a couple trailer loads of templates from PPG when they bought out a glass place in the Midwest. I spoke with him a year or so ago when I was looking for some glass.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I have a window that I pulled out of my 1951 ls engine. I could trace the window and send you the cardboard or paper template, if that would help.

I would love a template of what you have. Butcher paper or the like would be fine and I can put it on posterboard here if needed. Much easier to ship that way.

I appreciate the suggestions. I'll keep you posted on our progress.