greasable trunnion bushings

r686st

Like they said grease is cheap, I did my dump trucks weekly, road trucks every two or three weeks unless the weather was funky. Bad weather or I was hauling the dump trailer off road then weekly.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I try to grease my truck at least once a week, and I always just put 10-15 shots in the trunnion. I've heard that you're supposed to jack the truck up where the weight is off of the springs, but I never do that. I may be messing up, I'm not sure.

Yes, you are supposed to jack the rear of the truck up via the frame, this takes the static load off the bushing & will allow the grease to get where it is needed most, THE BOTTOM. Highly recommend a EP or Extreme Pressure grease, as it will continue to lubricate the bushing to shaft surface even under extreme loading.

• Like 2

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

• 8 years later...

Your supposed to jack up your truck when greasing trunnions. Need to take the weight off, then grease till a little comes out. Most people don’t know this but it is the right way. I don’t know if NOT doing it will make much of a difference but when you buy a 190k dump truck, yea I’m gonna do it the right way!