Pictures of the Week

other dog

Not much for pictures this week. I put the B model pictures on here Tuesday, then only made one more short trip to Greenville, S.C because the truck was at Truck Enterprises in Lynchburg from Tuesday until Thursday morning. The engine light came on Monday night so when I got unloaded in Madison Heights Tuesday morning I called Jeff and asked him if he wanted me to keep on riding or run it by there so they could check it. And he said to go on over and let them take a look at it.

Problem was the def lines they said. Not sure exactly what the problem was, if they were clogged or what, but they said it needed 3 new lines...and they only had 2 of them, so they had to order the other one. Jeff said they should have a stockpile of them because we have a truck a week up there for the same thing.

I stopped by the store on the way home Tuesday, pulled out my last $20 bill. I thought "hmmmmm...I shouldn't be broke until Thursday or Friday...". I'd gone to the bank last Friday, deposited some money, kept a little extra cash because we were going to the truck show, and I might want to buy a McLean truck or something, and there I was, broke by Tuesday. I couldn't even remember what i'd spent it on. So I wrote me a check for $75 that I was going to cash when I went back to work, in case I didn't get to Truck World to get free hot dogs and actually had to buy something to eat.

Wednesday we went to throw some trash in the dumpster and Jo was getting papers and miscelaneous items of trash out of the pickup and found an envelope from the bank under the console. Fortunately she noticed there was something in it and didn't just pitch it in the dumpster. Had $154.06 in it.

Oh, pictures-

saw the old Pete, parked in Madison Heights near Englander Wood Stoves, where I unloaded.

Unloading the firebrick at Englander.

Otherdog likes Slim Jims, this is the meat stick and cheese combo. He likes to carry them way over there to eat them, sometimes he carries it next door and lays in the yard to eat them. I guess he's afraid i'll want a bite.

Saw some animals in South Carolina.

This is the old L.G. DeWitt terminal in Ellerbe, S.C. They were pretty big, not sure what happened to them, if they were bought out or just closed the doors.

The old rt.220 runs over on the far side, between those pine trees and the building to the right behind the other pine trees. The near building was the trucking operation, the one behind the trees had a fruit stand, where they sold peaches, melons, and vegetables, and their old race shop was there too when they fielded a nascar race car. DeWitt also owned the Rockingham speedway and dragstrip.

From the interweb machine-

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Problem was the def lines they said. Not sure exactly what the problem was, if they were clogged or what, but they said it needed 3 new lines...and they only had 2 of them, so they had to order the other one. Jeff said they should have a stockpile of them because we have a truck a week up there for the same thing.

You been "taking a leak" in the DEF tank? :tease:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Kudo's to Jo for the cash find. It's always nice to find money, especially your own.

I used to see Dewitt in the Hunts Point area quite a bit. The had plain jane, red Freightliner cabovers with big, ugly, black and white name decals on the doors and the trailers were stainless steel reefers. There was something cool about the way it all looked as a combo.

A Volvo passed me about 11-12 years ago and I gave the driver a shout on the cb when I saw the LG Dewitt name on the door. He said they had downsized and were basically just pulling broker freight.

Jim