New To The Site

richyung601

Hello everyone my name is Ken from the state of Mississippi. I have a 1997 Mack CH614 with an E7-427 engine with dump body. I found this site and it seems to be a great place to come when you need great helpful information so I am glad to be a member. I'm having problems with my truck so I'm gonna need some help thanks.

Welcome!

You're truck is likely a CH613. You've come to the right place for help, unfortunately my area of expertise is limited to spotting typos.

If you can provide some details of the problems you're having I sure you'll start seeing some responses in no time.

• Like 1

Jim

Thanks for the welcome!! My truck shuts off after I turn on it runs for a couple of minutes then just shuts off like you turn the truck off by key. I had a tech come out diagnose the truck at first he check the sensors all the sensors are good. Then he checked the fuel system everything seems good no air in the fuel system. Then he came to the conclusion it's the ECM the truck is a 97 mechanical engine there is no ECM on the block only in the cab on passenger side behind the kick panel. We had another Mack we pulled that ECM out put in my truck that shuts off and the truck runs until you turns it off. Do you all believe it's the ECM electrical problem?

:WELCOME:

Thanks for the welcome!! My truck shuts off after I turn on it runs for a couple of minutes then just shuts off like you turn the truck off by key. I had a tech come out diagnose the truck at first he check the sensors all the sensors are good. Then he checked the fuel system everything seems good no air in the fuel system. Then he came to the conclusion it's the ECM the truck is a 97 mechanical engine there is no ECM on the block only in the cab on passenger side behind the kick panel. We had another Mack we pulled that ECM out put in my truck that shuts off and the truck runs until you turns it off. Do you all believe it's the ECM electrical problem?

Welcome!

Welcome!

You're truck is likely a CH613. You've come to the right place for help, unfortunately my area of expertise is limited to spotting typos.

If you can provide some details of the problems you're having I sure you'll start seeing some responses in no time.

:WELCOME:

Welcome to BMT . Did your tech hook up a computer to check codes? I have seen a few of these computers give it up , there are a lot of other issues it could be the injection pump rack soliniod is bad for causing this issue, power relays, keyswitch , wiring harness and connection check wiring at pump wiggle them while truck is running.

Your E7 may be a mechanical engine, however it has an electronic governor. Either a V-Mac I or II. Did anyone check the "idle shutdown" setting?

VMAC II it is. The truck shuts down just sitting at idle also when your driving down the road but it does not with the other VMac II ECM that we pulled from the other truck. The original we pulled does not give you any codes but the other one gives electronic malfunction mil I got blink code 3-4 which is timing sensor that sits on side of injection pump we replaced that sensor the truck still shuts down.

How did you install sensor? TEM sensor goes all the way in till it bottoms out and then tighten jam nut 5ft lbs. Sound like module is toast.

my tech installed actually a certified Mack tech works at Mack Dealer. I've ordered the module hopefully that does the job because the other module worked