New Member From Canada

Sylvester

I have an opportunity to purchase an L. It hasn't run for at least 4 years and hasn't pulled a load for about 20. I knew the previous owner well. He hauled heavy equipment with it specifically Koering Draglines.

I collect all sorts of old Iron and my collection is getting heavier with my interest in Caterpillar. I have just recently completed a 1938 D23J. If I stay with Cats my present hauler isn't big enough and I really like the look of the old Mack. :D

It has a Lipe auxillary which I have no idea how to shift yet but by the time its ready to haul a Low bed I figure I'll have learned how.

looking forward to learning more.

Thanks

In its present colours it even matches the Cats! LOL! Once fixed up, that'd look mighty fine towing a lowboy loaded with vintage equipment, be like going back in time! Let us all know how you go, mate.

Cheers

Andy :mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

In its present colours it even matches the Cats!  LOL!  Once fixed up, that'd look mighty fine towing a lowboy loaded with vintage equipment, be like going back in time!  Let us all know how you go, mate.

Cheers

Andy  :mack1:

Thanks Guys. Superdog it does have the Mack Lanova Diesel but as yet I don't know much about it. I have rebuilt several of the END engines. What's the displacement of the the Lanova engine? Any one have a good shot of the right side of the engine. This one currently has a real rats nest of injection lines. I guess as one failed the owner would just use any line from any old engine to replace it. I'd like to see how it should look.

I have the resources to fabricate new lines @ work.

Andy my oldest son wants in on this one. That's a good thing I think except he wants to paint it the original dark blue that is under the yellow. I always liked the really dark green. Ol' Cat yellow works for me but she's a long way from paint!