02 Freedom Not Starting .

Mobile-Mechanic

I'm a Mobile Mechanics helper , And A guy came up to me yesterday to look at his 02 Freedom Cab over Renault Powered Box truck , Story I was told Goes like this ! ,. Diesel was stolen from tank , They tried to start it after fueling up , drained the batterys , Replaced the Batterys , Now It will not start .. I tried the normal Troubleshooting methods , Checked fuses , Relays , Check all grounds and Battery terminals and cleaned , I used a push button switch on the starter and Got it to fire over , I Get Nothing from the ignition switch ?? , I checked the wires coming from switch for power with the switch on , and in the crank Posistion , Very Stumped over this issue , Normally I can figure it out and have it back going , But , something I did notice after cleaning the Terminals was the Anti-Theft light on the dash would go off after replacing the terminals ,, Is there an Interia switch somewhere for the anti theft , or Is it something that will have to be done by a Mack Service Dept ?, I'm just trying to figure out the issue and get paid for what I have done so far , but I'm not the type to give up on something and not get paid for working on it all day ,, I also checked to see If I was getting fuel at the injectors and I am getting good pressure ,, But I hear nothing turning on or even clicking from using the ignition switch .. If someone has some Info ,,, PLEASE feel free to throw it my way regarding this issue , I will be going back tomorrow to try and get it fixed , but would like some help tonight if possible ! , Thanks All M-M ! .

Well ,, Didn't Go back and try anything , rain came in and put us off .. Still would like others insight to this if they possibly know something , I Normally just do Routine Maintenance and smaller repairs . So this Is not really new to me , but Still never worked on a Renault before ..

here in the Netherlands we have a swith on the gearbox to see if it`s in neutral. sometimes that switch is not working good.then the engine wil not turn over.you have to take of the wiring and put a paperclip in it and it starts.if that`s the problem you replace the switch or put a litle wire in it and leave it that way.but the you can starts it when it is in gear.

Leon.

I tried to move the lever while in any gear , the drive shaft is removed , the owners removed it to move the truck , but since it could not be started the air brakes were locked , so they used a Fork lift and lifted the rear end to move the truck around , I will try the paper clip and see if that does anything , but not sure If I will be doing it tomorrow or when , I was thinking it had something to do with the anti theft light flashing on the dash , But I will be calling a dealer / Service dept tomorrow to see if they can give me some insight to this matter , But thank you Leon , I will for sure try that when I get to the truck ! .

Edited by Mobile-Mechanic