Yes I know Volvo Is A Dirty Word

Dougsr

My wife has a 2008 Volvo S60. About three months ago she was coming home from work when it quit like you turned the key off. It would turn over good but not start. I hauled it home and pulled the fuel lines off the fuel filter ant turned the key on. No fuel. I had it towed to the Volvo dealership in Shreveport. They had it for two or three weeks. They said the alternator was bad causing this. They changed it and it ran for a couple of months fine. Last night she drove it home and parked it in the garage. This morning she was going to move it so we could get the Harley out and it did the same thing. I think it is the fuel pump. I never thought it was fixed in the first place. Have any of you ever run to anything like that?

Doug

That is what I thought too. Unless it has a pc board talking to the computer. I never thought it fixed it in the first place. They got it to crank they said by holding the gas petal down and cranking it. I have extended warranty on it but it is a hundred dollar deductible. That stinks because it was not fixed in the first place. Last time was two months ago.

Doug

I had an extended warranty on my Wife's Ford and brought it to the dealer for a defroster issue. I told them the door that lets in fresh air was stuck closed and all air through the system was recirculated. They said no, that's not it. I paid the deductible for a friggin' thermostat and only went about 2 blocks before I noticed the problem wasn't fixed. Took it back and told them to try again on the same work order. Still wasn't fixed. Took it to another dealer who fixed what I said was the problem and it's worked fine ever since. Didn't have to pay for that either.

My point?....uh....oh yeah, my point is you shouldn't have to pay another deductible for the same issue in such a short period of time. I had to call corporate customer service to have the deductible waived.

Jim

Well at least when the car got to the shop it did not start. They had to push it into the shop. They called this afternoon and said the RPM sensor is why it would not start. Who knows with these new cars. Like I said they are a computer on wheels. They are going to do some more checking next week to make sure they fixed it.

Doug

Well at least when the car got to the shop it did not start. They had to push it into the shop. They called this afternoon and said the RPM sensor is why it would not start. Who knows with these new cars. Like I said they are a computer on wheels. They are going to do some more checking next week to make sure they fixed it.

Doug

That's good, you didn't have to hear the old "can't duplicate " nonsense.

• Like 1

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Well the S60 is back at home after three weeks in the shop. They said it was the RPM and speed sensor was the problem. We went to Shreveport Saturday and it made the three hour trip home and running around town. I hope they got it fixed this time.

Doug

• 4 weeks later...