New Ford 750

Red Horse

How about it KSC. Any word on the pix of the Ford 750 Mule that was posted on the Blue Oval New Forums yesterday. It came from a SEMA posting . It is a current 750 Crew Cab with a "toy hauler" box. Looks like it has a much bigger radiator as the hood is wider, higher and looks like it sets a bit forward. Some have suggested its an early mule for the Avon Lake mediums but I wonder if it isn't just something they are working on in short term to put say an 8.3 cummins or some Westport CNG motor in the current truck.

Any thoughts? :idunno: :idunno:

The leaked word is Econoline production will run thru June 2014 and medium production will ramp up in late 2014 or early 2015.

But, not yet having spent any money on a move to Avon Lake, I believe Ford is deliberating on whether or not to exit the medium duty truck segment (in the U.S. market) as margins are simply too slim.

Every country market has its own unique metrics. In Brazil and Turkey, Ford makes money with medium and heavy trucks. But in the US market, Ford has been dragging its feet with just one toe in the water since around the time Louisville (the former Ford truck capital of the world) stopped commercial truck production. Without a concerted effort on Ford's part in the medium segment, the downward spiral in sales should be no surprise to anyone.

The leaked word is Econoline production will run thru June 2014 and medium production will ramp up in late 2014 or early 2015.

But, not yet having spent any money on a move to Avon Lake, I believe Ford is deliberating on whether or not to exit the medium duty truck segment (in the U.S. market) as margins are simply too slim.

Every country market has its own unique metrics. In Brazil and Turkey, Ford makes money with medium and heavy trucks. But in the US market, Ford has been dragging its feet with just one toe in the water since around the time Louisville (the former Ford truck capital of the world) stopped commercial truck production. Without a concerted effort on Ford's part in the medium segment, the downward spiral in sales should be no surprise to anyone.

Well this would appear to be the first sign that they ARE going to do something. I don't think they will ever be in the "large car" business to compete with Paccar etc, but what does it take to go from class 7 into 8 vocational? Not that much

Looks like tha same old F750 hood with some extra stuff screwed on the front to make it look different to me, I don't see that its any longer, that's the std bumper and its in the std spot, I would guess that is more for underhood testing equipment or room for larger cooling until they get the new hood ready, that wont be how it looks for good.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Looks like tha same old F750 hood with some extra stuff screwed on the front to make it look different to me, I don't see that its any longer, that's the std bumper and its in the std spot, I would guess that is more for underhood testing equipment or room for larger cooling until they get the new hood ready, that wont be how it looks for good.

Actually I saw another picture-on same Blueovalnews thread -of a white 650 with the same hood treatment. Except this picture showed truck from rear and you could see exhaust. Small muffler and pipe-so this said to me this truck was probably a gas job. Also someone suggested this might be some sort of hybrid. Seeing that little exhaust, makes me think that might be a possibility.

Think of it-if we are thinking this was to accomodate a larger radiator-because say there was an 8.3 Cummins or something bigger than a 6.7 Cummins under the hood would you not think it would have a significantlybigger exhaust system?? Not the case.

I'm thinking the new truck will use the Euro Transit glass house (doors, windshield etc) so maybe it has something to do with that.