Jake cutout

ramz trk

Low oil pressure could be cause, all of the 2000 models had jakes cut out early especially on a hot day when the oil really heats up, not enought oil pressure to the jakes . We put a higher speed oil pump on ours, it helps out but they did make a kit to feed oil from the main oil galley on the block to the jake spacers and feed direct oil to Jakes. If yours have been changed you will have external oil lines on the drivers side going to the jake spacers. I have seen several of the freeze plugs in the end of the rocker arm come out and loose oil pressure, but most of the time that head quits working. See how much oil pressure it has when it cuts off, I think it takes 35 lbs for jake to work so you need to have around 50 lbs on the gauge in truck to work.

Yep, thicker oil = better engine brake for an E7, the high volume oil pump helps a lot.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If you're talking about the external oil lines for the Jakes, you would have to drill and tap the Jake housings to add the fittings. Everything else is pretty simple.

Do you think it would make the jakes more respounceive? I just installed a E7 in place of my E6 and the jakes don't come on as fast as the E6 with dnytrad.They work good but if you use them for shifting they are too slow. glenn

glenn akers

Do you think it would make the jakes more respounceive? I just installed a E7 in place of my E6 and the jakes don't come on as fast as the E6 with dnytrad.They work good but if you use them for shifting they are too slow. glenn

I was just replying to your previous question. External oil lines help if your Jakes are weak or fade away.

Im a little confused on your complaint.

Are your Jakes weak and or fading away?

Or

Are your Jakes strong and cutting out at 1600rpms. Do they feel like they cut out electronically? Meaning, theyre there, theyre there, boom theyre gone.

Put a test light in cab of truck and run long wire and unhook one of the jake wire at the valve covers and hook it to it. Test drive see if the light goes off at 1600 rpm, if the light stays on but the jake quits its problem with Jakes internal or oil pressure problems, might need a tune up kit or soleniods. If the light goes off at 1600 it is in electrical but I don't remember a place to set cut off in settings in computer.

• Like 1