Air dryer causing flat battery...

Cuzzo

Hi all, I have a 2004 CH & in the last week I've had to jump start the truck due to flat batteries. I think I may have found the issue though, the air dryer is releasing air causing the low air buzzer & tail lights to come on. Which in turns causes batteries to lose charge.

Is there a certain way I should be shutting her down to stop this from happening? Or any other suggestions, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks fellas.

Sounds like the battery solenoid isn't disconnecting, that or the wiring has been modified, you need to track that down and you'll fix your battery issues.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Behind the right side dash panel to the left of the fuse/relay panel. You'll need to take out the 4 Phillips head screws holding it in and there right there to the right.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

we had a guy work for us in the spring who knew EVERYTHING about driving a truck, exxxxcept how to turn off the RD........said he turned the key and the gauges etc. turned off, but the motor kept running. So Nick and I went and showed him the shut off for the fuel pump.....THE BIG RED SLIDE on the dash below the SHUTOFF label. Figured everything was good.......till the next morning, when the batteries were dead because HE LEFT THE DAMN KEY ON. Radio....on, dash lights.....on, brakes lights.....on, warning buzzer......on etc etc.....cant fix stupid....or "right out of school" hot shots with nothing between their ears. :)

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....