Endt675 Exhaust

r600

can anyone tell me if they have or have heard endt675 without a muffler?how loud without a muffler?want to get my tipping body as close to the cab as possible and want to remove muffler if not to loud without it??thanks adrian

can anyone tell me if they have or have heard endt675 without a muffler?how loud without a muffler?want to get my tipping body as close to the cab as possible and want to remove muffler if not to loud without it??thanks adrian

Adrian: Although it will be just a little bit louder, it will not be a ticket magnet due to noise. In the USA a muffler/spark arrester is required, (I believe) but most any turbocharged diesel engine is very quiet in operation through the exhaust compared to a natural aspirated model.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Adrian: Although it will be just a little bit louder, it will not be a ticket magnet due to noise. In the USA a muffler/spark arrester is required, (I believe) but most any turbocharged diesel engine is very quiet in operation through the exhaust compared to a natural aspirated model.

Rob

[/quote I can remember when the F models did not have a muffler from the factory and on the turbo hot side was printed muffling device, this was cast in the hot side. They were 4 inche and maybe 12 ft tall and i dont remember them as loud that was a endt673b but same almost as the 675. glenn

glenn akers

Hi Glenn, my 72 R model also has cast into the hot side "muffling device". The truck did have a muffler on it but baseball sized holes in the pipe prior to the muffler. It was not loud to drive. It was also 4 inch pipe and muffler.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Adrian,

I like quiet so for my 66 R600 I used a RD/DM type chassis mount muffler and was able to get an offset stack very close to the cab to clear the body. I should have part numbers for pipes muffler and brackets if you need them.

Chuck

In my opinion you won't find a nicer sounding engine than a 237 with a straight pipe.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

In my opinion you won't find a nicer sounding engine than a 237 with a straight pipe.

I agree. I don't have a preference for a 5 speed trans behind a 237 engine, but it sure is a nice exhaust tone due to the amount of time between shift points. A well maintained 673, or 711 also has a very nice sound.

Another nice sound, (and noisy) is a 238 Detroit in a hill with a load on.

Rob

I agree. I don't have a preference for a 5 speed trans behind a 237 engine, but it sure is a nice exhaust tone due to the amount of time between shift points. A well maintained 673, or 711 also has a very nice sound.

Another nice sound, (and noisy) is a 238 Detroit in a hill with a load on.

Rob

thanks rob,theakerstwo,hk trucking and also cml service for your thoughts,cml service-chuck do you have the part numbers for what you used and do you have any pictures?thanks all , :D adrian