Hello;

I am looking at an ad for a 1990 CH613 Custom Highway Tractor. It has 1,203600 km /747,882 miles a 400hp and a 13 speed. The picture of the engine looks like a mechanical engine. What I am wondering is are there any issues I need to watch for?(engine, electrical, suspension, etc.) I am short haul, I'm old school and dont run computer controled engines if I can help it.

Thanks

should be a good truck for what your doing. the e7 400 mechanical should have pleny of power and the 13 speed should work well with it. the e7 engines are reliable almost bullet proof if taken care of even semi well. its a 23 yr old truck so it will probably have a few minor issues atleast

My old 93 CH is still working every day with an E7 400, steve bought a newer IH with a 500 Cummins ISX to replace it and now its in the shop but the ol dog is still running at 20yrs old and to my knowledge there has been 0 engine work on that truck.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Can i make my e7350 mechanical be the same as an e7400? I mean not just turning up the pump, but is the turbo and pistons and compression different too? I know that you can just turn up the pump and get 400 out of it but what about the same reliability as a 400?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

we had a 91 ch set back axle with a e7 400 non computer and a 13 speed mack and 44k mack rears with a 4.42 gear ratio that thing would pull awesome . we used to pass 475 cats with it all day long. nothing better than seeing the look on a petercars driver face when we passed them with that ugly old mack

An E7 mechanical with the pump turned up can be a beast, I had a 350 in a 97 RD triaxle with the pump up 10% and a 400 turbo that thing would out pull any other dump around short of a Freightshaker with a N14 500 that was cranked thru the roof. The E7 can be a ridiculously reliable with proper maintenance, if you keep the filters changed and the oil clean it'll go forever.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

all of the e7 engine series were tough as hell . we had a 97 CL with the e7 454 that had 30k hrs when my dad decided to rear it down and rebuild it. when they got it apart they said it was like new inside . we had a 93 superliner with a e7 400 electronic engine that had over 32k hrs on it when we sold it .the etechs werent as tough but still as good or better than other engines . the two 460xt engines we have had both needed rebuilds around 25k hrs they had loose pistons and mine had some wear in the bottom end