Low resale values on Mack Titans.

Ever since The Mack Titan was introduced I am watching the price of new ones and also used ones and I am very surprised that the Titan has a very low resale value. Kinda make's you wounder why is that. For one example a 2010 Titan sold new for $146,000 and two years later it was selling for $88,900 used. That is $56,000 loss in value in two years. Is this the new norm for the Mack Titan now?

But The Mack Titan still has a very low resale value. That Mack Titan I am refering to was sold on 2011 to traded back in 2 yrs later in 2013 when 2014 were not even out and still selling 2013 so at the most its a 3 yo truck and not a 4 old truck:. Point blank It has a very very low resale value.

The Titan is a 2012 and not 2010 stated in your post and it had 90,906 miles on it for $135k and still a low resale value. Also that Titan at Nuss has a very low resale value. I allready knew about these two Titans stated in above post and I should of used them as example stead of the 2010 I used. Thanks for bringing those two Titans in the conversation becuase they both have low resale value. So why is it these Titans has a low resale value and is this a norm on the Titan? You look at what they cost new and what they sell for used and it tells me they have a low resale value .

how could 135k for a 2012 that probably sold for 145 or 150 be low resale value ? its a used truck its not going to sell for the price of a new one. the one at nuss has almost 200k miles so its not even close to being a new truck . as for a chu holding its value better than a titan i disagree. you can buy 2012 chu for about 80k or less

i mean size .. i looked on truck paper you can buy a brand new chu with a 505 for between 105 and 120k depending on the options a titan costs about 140 to 160 depending on the options . the 2012 titan at mcdevitt has 90000 miles and was selling for 135k thats still 10k more than a new chu with all the options. i dont see your point here. that titan probably sold for 152k or so and its two model yrs old . i dont see your point

depends on what your using the truck for. a triaxle dump truck i think the granite is deffinately the better deal, but if your hauling 100k and above then id go with a titan . the 505 mp8 can handle 100k lb loads easily though. we speced a a granite with a 505 18spd and 20front and 46k lb rears it was 149k . a titan speced the same only with the 555hp mp10 was 159k , for us the extra power and engine breaking is worth the 10k more.

The main reason the Granite and CH have a higher resale percentage wise thatn the Titan is the fact that they can be used in more roles and are much lighter trucks, a Titan and a Granite bothe speced for the same job vary by more that 2,000#'s and the TItan is a foot taller than the Granite. I would not purchase the Titan becuse lost payload means it takes longer to recoup costs and the taller overall heaight means more climbing in and out and less job clearance. Just my two cents.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

what was funny was we looked at the weight differance and its only about 800 lbs actually according to the spec sheet its the same frame and transmission and rears so the weight is only in the engine and air cleaner set up. we haul heavy loads over steep terrain so thats why we go with the titan

The frame should be taller, the trans and rears could be the same but from what I have seen the frame and cross members were different and yeah the mp10 is heavier. I think a granite with an mp8 505 and 18spd would do what your doing just fine and save a lot of money and a little weight.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I want to say the actual scaled law not the manufacturer math was 26400 for an mp8 granite Tri axle and the titan mp10 was 28600 other than the chassis and engine same truck length and all.

All truckpaper is telling you is the ASKING price...which might be considerably different from the actual price the buyer ultimately pays. As for depreciation, it's a bitch. I've always heard that a car loses half its value the second it is driven off the lot...not sure if that applies to CMV's or even how accurate that might be anymore since people seem to overpay for their vehicles on a regular basis (had a Ford dealer quote me a price of $3900 for a 27 year old Ford Ranger about 3 years ago....I laughed & walked away).

It's not "new" anymore, plain and simple...and the price needs to reflect that.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

we did spec a granite but it was only about 10 grand cheaper. and my brother wanted the big power and engine brake. the titans engine brake has 565 braking horsepower vs the mp8 only has 425 braking horsepower. to me buying the granite over a titan is equivalent to buying a RD over a superliner back in the day. we have always ran the long nose macks superliners and CL's so to go back to a short nose granite would be a down grade in a sense.

Who want's to buy a very inexpensive 2010 Titan heavy hauler ?2010 Mack Titan TD713, 605 HP Mack MP10 Engine, 307,218 Miles, 38” Sleeper, 267” Wheel Base, 4.33 Ratio, 20,000 Front Axle Capacity, 20,000 Tandem Drop Axle Capacity, 44,000 Rear Axle Capacity, Cozad Ramp, Mack/Hendrickson Air Suspension, Maverick Leather Interior.; Gross Vehicle Weight (lbs): 44000 The price is $109,500

44,000# damn, that truck is too freakin heavy to try to work for hire. I think my last 55tn lowboy weighed about 20,000# with a flip axle on it that makes 64,000# for 8 axles not much left for payload.

• 3 weeks later...

This is the twin truck I had posted I think. They want 117,900 for this one. The other one they wanted 109,500 for it.

2010 Mack Titan TD713 with a 42 in Flat Top Sleeper; MP10-565C Mack Engine 605 hp; Diesel; 333,471 mi; 18 Spd OD; Engine Brake; Mack Suspension; 394 Ratio; 225 Tires; All Aluminum Wheels; 273 in Wheelbase; Tandem Axle; 20 lb Front Axle Weight; 44 lb Rear Axle Weight; Drive Side: Left Hand Drive;

This is the twin truck I had posted I think. They want 117,900 for this one. The other one they wanted 109,500 for it.

2010 Mack Titan TD713 with a 42 in Flat Top Sleeper; MP10-565C Mack Engine 605 hp; Diesel; 333,471 mi; 18 Spd OD; Engine Brake; Mack Suspension; 394 Ratio; 225 Tires; All Aluminum Wheels; 273 in Wheelbase; Tandem Axle; 20 lb Front Axle Weight; 44 lb Rear Axle Weight; Drive Side: Left Hand Drive;

An MP10 565c is 565hp not 605, wth?