A40 Cab and Chassis from PA to MO

vwjunkie

Kicking around the idea of the '51 thats listed for sale on here... Its in PA and I'm in St.Louis MO. I have never shipped anything that big, and have no idea what it should cost. What is a ballpark fair amount for a haul like that? Its about 650 miles and can pull onto the trailer under its own power. Owner is guessing its 13 to 14k which is past what my gooseneck and F250 will handle. (twin screw camelback rears and double framed).

Thanks

Jason

Dont really have a time table, I wouldn't be in a hurry if it would make things less expensive, like if you were comming this way anyway and wanted to haul something instead of being empty. Doing the deal really hinges on shipping costs. Like I said I don't know what something like this would normally cost, but I don't intend to spend as much as the truck costs to ship it... That just wouldn't be worth it to me.

He is in Saltsburg, PA. Not sure on the width, no more than a B model I expect, its 22ft long overall, with a 200" wheelbase. He is saying it weighs between 13 and 14k.

Thanks,

Jason

no more than a B model, they are basically the same axles and most likely are. i would say that truck weighs about 7 ton myself and thats on the heavy side. i kinda like the A series myself. good save i think if you buy it and its a reasonable price with the engine

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

That would be a hard one. It's out buy Pittsburg that's west of me buy about 4 to 4.5 hrs. So to pick it up and bring it to the house till I find something going to MO. Starts adding cost on my end. And to just go get it and haul it out 690 miles give or take, you would be looking at about 1400.00. Give or take.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.. I'm gonna stew on it some.. I'm sure around $1,400 is a fair price, but with what the truck costs plus that, I'm wondering if I should hold out for something closer to home, and put that money towards buying a nicer truck to begin with. Then again, you don't see many A models around the midwest. Decisions decisions...

Jason