06 CHN 613 oil in air intake pipe

Hi All

I have a 06 CHN613 with the 460 engine. I have oil in the intake pipe between the air filter and turbo. The only way I can see that this oil is getting there would have to be from the air compressor. A friend of mine was telling me there was a Mack service bulletin dealing with this problem. He thinks the bulletin is SB-261-012. I have searched online for this SB but can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any dealings with this problem or have access to this SB? Thanks!

Thanks Mackpro.

This truck pulls a 50 ton lowboy trailer and it often runs at over 100,000 lbs gross weight so it works pretty hard. The air filter is changed at every 2nd oil change,( every 20,000 miles) so I know the filter is not the problem. I will try the fix according to the SB. Another problem I have with this truck is it breaks the top exhaust manifold studs on each side of the turbo. I've changed those 2 studs 3 times now. This last time was a real temper raising ordeal having to drill 1 of them out of the head. Is this something that is common with this engine? Again, thanks for your help.

Again I thank you Macpro.

I have been replacing the studs with the same short ones that the local Mack dealer sends me. Now I have a new problem. The truck has a misfire. If I crack the injector line loose at each unit pump the miss is at #3 cylinder and there is a lot of air in the fuel that comes out of that pump. the rest of them seem to be firing and the fuel is clear with no air. Any idea as to why this unit pump has so much air? Thanks!

• 9 years later...
On 4/9/2013 at 1:14 PM, Mackpro said:

Caused by running a dirty air filter or restriction. It sucks oil past the rings of the air compressor. We see it all the time.

Can that happen to any truck? I have a cv713 427I, I hope you can help that information thanks in advance. 

It depends on where the air compressor intake pipe is hooked up. Like on your truck for example,, is the intake hose attached to the elbow coming off the air cleaner housing?