GMC General at abandoned house

JTFormula

15 hours ago, GreenGiant2 said:

very nice, whats the plan for the 400bc. was waiting to see if i saw the truck out at alexander this year.

Between myself and a friend, we only brought 3 tractors because we werent sure of what the weather would do.  So we just put my green one and his two red ones behind his 359 (especially since at the time i owned two Generals and they were both cut in half.)

as far as the 400, I've been looking for a buyer.  It spins over free. coolant is clean and oil looks decent.  turbo is oxidized and wont spin since it sat for many years without a downpipe. Aside from that I dont know anything more about it.  I just want 300$ out of it to cover the price of the truck. 

IMG_3871.JPG

IMG_3887.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

Just finished reading all 24 pages! Very cool project, was going to comment that we could've gotten you to move the new transformer to the science museum in Wall, NJ but I see it's made its way north! Makes me wish we hadn't had to sell our '69 F600 when we moved from upstate NY a year ago.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2016 at 8:59 PM, GreenGiant2 said:

ok i did see the truck and tractors, was eyeing up the trailer your buddy had. your pic is at the end of the road here. nice tractors

my wife is in love with your family's 6030.  she took a bunch of pictures of it and keeps saying we need one.

got the passenger side of the frame smoothed and put on a quick coat of paint to see any imperfections.  I was able to pick up 4 Detroit mudflaps over the weekend.  2 for the rear, and I will trim 2 for behind the front tires.  once i get the driveshaft back, which will hopefully be saturday, the next hurdle is going to be stack brackets.  Having one stack hooked the cab originally still allowed the cab to move.  putting two up there seems to restrain the cab from flexing the way it wants to and creates some horrible rattles.  Im going to have to make a full stack bracket off the frame much like a cabover.  I kinda like the look of them to be honest plus it will give a meaningful place to put some rear facing utility lights.  I have not come up with a design yet and was hoping you guys might have some pictures of some.  I've collected a few pictures over the past few months of different styles but im still open to options.

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4039.JPG

• Like 2

My in-laws put countless hours into to make it look like that. Different engine also. Came from Florida to macfaddens and once here found a spun bearing. They have many more tractors but can't bring them all. Do you know why the guy stopped using the parts general.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.