Square Headlights In R600 Series

Everyonce inawhile i come across an older R Model that has the Sqaure headlights in the hood like a SuperLiner insted of the round headlights like a older R600 series

Are these made from the factory as an option or are these made as a aftermarket part they are out there but somewhat rare

I think its a cool look on the older R Models but like i said its somewhat rare like the sliding glass windows in the R Models

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I am about 99.9% positive that these are all conversions and I don't think that they are a kit. I think individuals do this themselves, or with the help of a bodyshop/bodyman. When I was younger I remember seeing R's with the square duals once in a while, but I rarely see them anymore, except each year on my trip to Bristol, TN. I think everyone in Kentucky who owns an R has converted it to square duals. I seen 4 of them this past August on my way down.

T.

Like the people who put square lights in older KW's.

Not a fan of that conversion, though I guess some people think it makes the old truck look "new". It just doesn't always fit all the round corners of the front ends of old trucks.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Like the people who put square lights in older KW's.

Not a fan of that conversion, though I guess some people think it makes the old truck look "new". It just doesn't always fit all the round corners of the front ends of old trucks.

I agree. Doesn't seem to fit the rounded shape. I am fond of the Aussie type front lamping of the "R" models though with quad 7" round lamps. I've seen a couple of conversions where the inner lamps were 100 plus watt driving lamps, and that is what I plan to do with mine. Need to see first hand what that "deer in the headlamps look is"..........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.