Hey Y'all

JumperAndSon

It's Ben here. (gasp!) Yes, yes, I know, I haven't checked in here in forever! I've been really busy with schoolwork and all the other stuff I do (five 4-H clubs, three Boy Scout troops, two homeschool groups, work, etc, etc,) and all that teenage drama that I guess I'm supposed to be involved in, I haven't really gotten a chance to stop in. But now I've decided to make a conscious effort to stop in at least once a day so I can be in on all the action like I used to be :twothumbsup:

As far as life at Jumper and Son Antique Trucks and Automotive, (yea, that's the catchy new business name I came up with) We have been pretty busy with getting things rearranged and organized (our 10,000 square foot shop is not really enough space) so the projects have kinda been put aside while we work on some organization. That is of course with the exception of the engine swap in our family Suburban. Sadly we did not put a two stroke in it, we just put a little 320HP 414ft.-lb. GM 383HT brand spankin new crate motor in it. :whistling:

We have big plans for the future though. Some of those plans are actually having the B61 wrecker on the road, finally finishing the Cadillac powered 1948 Ford pickup project, of course my truck, and maybe even the aquisition of a few more two strokes :banana:

Ben

post-10909-0-76083700-1364420368_thumb.j

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Hi!!! Glad you checked in. I have been busy with school. And I go to Nana and Papa's whenever I can. Spring Break starts tomarrow, so hopefully mom will let me go to Nana and Papa's for all of spring break!!! I doubt it. :-). But, we have to wait till snows gone and the ground dries out to get my old Sidewinder out. But, I have had some crazy things happen. I put my 3 wheeler through the ice while doing doughnuts and stuff on it. I got in some cold water. :-). Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Hi!!! Glad you checked in. I have been busy with school. And I go to Nana and Papa's whenever I can. Spring Break starts tomarrow, so hopefully mom will let me go to Nana and Papa's for all of spring break!!! I doubt it. :-). But, we have to wait till snows gone and the ground dries out to get my old Sidewinder out. But, I have had some crazy things happen. I put my 3 wheeler through the ice while doing doughnuts and stuff on it. I got in some cold water. :-). Vinny

Your lucky since Sandy and the blizzard were left with only 2 days off in 2 weeks and have to go till June 24th

Matt

Good to see you makin' an effort with all stuff you got goin' on,Ben! I myself never worry about you and your cousin Vinny.You guys are well on your way!! :twothumbsup:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Government liquidators website had a ton of 6V53's on there not long ago, I pondered a pickup truck swap for a little while and missed the end of the auction. I'm watching for another suitable swap engine ( possibly a 6V53/ 4-53/ maybe even a Mack E5).

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Government liquidators website had a ton of 6V53's on there not long ago, I pondered a pickup truck swap for a little while and missed the end of the auction. I'm watching for another suitable swap engine ( possibly a 6V53/ 4-53/ maybe even a Mack E5).

Well the other day we were on craigslist and we saw an ad that said "detroit 53's". We called the guy and he had four engines: a 2-53, a 3-53, a 4-53, and a 6V53. He said he wanted $450 each for the 4 and the 6. We were thinking the 4-53 would be awesome for our GMC C30 rollback and the 6V53 would be nice for the B60. This was Thursday night and we told the guy we'd be out on Saturday to get them. Saturday afternoon my dad called him and he said he had sold all of them except the 3-53 which he wanted $4000. So that event provided some disspointment for me :blush:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j