Just an Idea?

bullhusk

Guys like myself are always lookin for drivers (Good drivers) Now with that being said, is there a area on the Mack site to do so? It should not be free and I would be very willing to pay for this advertising. Please let me know cause I would rather support our site then the local news paper please PM me and let me know

Regards

Ernie DS

Sounds interesting but I'll have to do a little research on how to implement a drivers board. We do have a free transportation board that seems to do ok.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I second that motion of drivers wanted section. Personally I am only employed seasonally and would love to find something near me for the winter / spring months. Used to do the PENNDOT thing as a winter loader operator and plow truck driver, but did not re apply for the last couple of years.

Good drivers are a dying breed, i know we could use a few ernie.

Boy ain't dat da truff! I sure could use a couple of good drivers for my Northampton PA location!! I have a lot of work and two new W Stars commin in! I would love to drive one of them myself but I just don't have the time anymore to drive and take yo-yo stuff just almost impossible

BULLHUSK

The first Toter I built I installed a "flattop" hitch on so I could still run a fifth wheel and haul others trailers or moves homes in order to keep busy. What I learned is that there was lots of very low paying moves to be had but hardly any profit margin to make worth while. Felt I could not afford to run the wheels off the truck and have no money to replace them, thereby being left driving junk. Decided to specialize in moving mobilehomes and leave the freight for those that have learned how to survive best moving freight to that niche. I have great empathy for you guys out there that run nice equipment and work steady as I know first hand you've worked damn hard to get there. I do not keep quite as busy as I like, but I have survived in an area of the marketplace bigger businesses like Bennett, Schnieder, Morgan, and other Toter firms felt I was doomed to fail without their leasing me on and controlling my every move. To date I have learned that it is wiser staying home and making no money, than to go to work run the wheels off my equipment and make no money. Two years ago I invested in a "shed trailer" to move outbuildings and last year bit the bullet on investing in a "sea container" trailer which is a Landoll style trailer designed to move one 40-45ft or two 20 footers. I have even looked into "U Ship" for fill in work in the past only to see guys hauling big truck loads for. 50-$2.00 per mile. Do not know about you guys but that is certainly not my idea of making an income.

I know what you mean Ernie! at one time i wanted to get bigger (another truck or two) but i was always worried about finding a good driver,someone who would do what i do,take care of his equipment,be on time,the whole deal,like i do. Just don't seem to be out there anymore,sure they TALK a good game,but when it comes down to it,usually not as good as they think they are! And what i do don't help! mostly all cities,multiple stops,i "tailgate" every piece loaded most times,not much luck finding anyone willing to do that anymore,which is a shame,cause it pays damn good,i work for every dime of it though! same thing when i was with Atlas,bedbugging is HARD WORK PERIOD! but even it don't pay as good as it used to............................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.