Misc Trucks

BKrois

Another shot of the sweet Raider. From Macungie 2006.

I always liked the "tri-color" paint jobs on these,friend of my Dads had one with a small sleeper,was a sharp truck!..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I think every other 4000 White built ended up in South Jersey!,musta' been 2 or 300,000 of them around when i was a kid,they were EVERYWHERE! LOL!..............................Mark

Mark, you are correct. I recall a crap ton of those all over Camden/Pennsauken area. Mostly 9000's though for me. I seem to remember Reisch and Stech from that time period. Funny thing about Stech.....I know Frank personally as he is a BIG Mopar collector. His brother still runs the company and keeps a vintage 9000 w/ a 335 Cummins that comes out every now and then.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

Found a few more Whites in my old pictures,first a brand new "Road Commode" taken at Garden State Truck sales,Vineland,NJ ( White,Freightliner,Autocar) in December 1977,thats my Dads 77 Blue and White C.O.E in the background................................Mark

post-5836-0-36925900-1364417272_thumb.jp

And last but not least is this turd! my old boss's White Road Boss II Formula 290 Cummins,5 speed direct,on springs. What a P.O.S this thing was! only way it could have spent more time in the shop,was if it had been powered by a Green Leaker! I drove this once,when the R-Model was in the shop for a front end allignment,only thing it had going for it was a kick-ass air-conditioner!....................................Mark

post-5836-0-66172300-1364417814_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Found a few more Whites in my old pictures,first a brand new "Road Commode" taken at Garden State Truck sales,Vineland,NJ ( White,Freightliner,Autocar) in December 1977,thats my Dads 77 Blue and White C.O.E in the background................................Mark

Nice colors.

Rob

5 speed in the Road Boss. Was it a Spicer? I know they had a straight six that ws in a lot of garbage trucks.

Sure was! had the black "broomhandle" shifter,and only travelled about an inch between gears! we had 7 speed spicers in our IH S-Series straighttrucks when i worked for Atlas Van Lines that were actually pretty decent!.................................Mark