On 3/6/2013 at 9:44 AM, 57 bcr said:

This truck,a :mack1: NR9,was one of 2 Gene Celli & his Dad,Carlo, bought after the war.Both had 510's in 'em.One diesel,the other gas.He told me they were both former Red Ball Express military trucks! Said they ran them for years.He paid something like $5000.00 for the pair at a miltary surplus auction in Springfield,Ill. Note the Genuine Army canvas roof still intact.He said later on,they did put the steel roofs on the trucks.This picture was taken in Chicago, 1948.

post-510-0-13186300-1362584503_thumb.jpg

Yet  another  picture  of  the  same  truck ends  up  on  ebay!  Al  202010742018_1_0_1.jpg.85e98a9e32110f1cd686d8b4fef78980.jpg

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Celli had to be the largest if not one of the largest users of the Clariben fiberglass tilt replacement hoods,for B models.Like 'em or not,they were a way to lighten up your B,and make it easier to wo

Heres some more.....

Tanzillo and I dug these 2 celli b models out of the frozen ground near ohare field. They were on the way to meet the torch. I bought one ,the other truck also found a home.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, j hancock said:

Looks like a fox tail tied to the top of the hood!  

That is  the thing that made me think  it was the same  truck,Jim. The 1st  pic has a tail on it too. Unless  it's  a  coincidence,I don't  know?   Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I worked at Celli Trucking while in high school, 1964-68. I remember a lot from that time. I was there when Bulkmatic started. I was the first one to clean the trailer hooked to 101. The drivers name was Glen Geisen. He was the first driver hired to drive the Bulkmatic. He hauled flour to a bakery in the city. I'll be back there in a few weeks (10-12-18) to visit and was wondering if Mr. Celli is still alive and receiving visitors. 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:47 PM, james j neiweem said:

Les: If you have any pictures of Celli or Bulkmatic Mack's please post. 57 BCR probably knows about Mr. Celli but I believe he passed away.

I am afraid  James is right,Les.  Eugene  "Gene" Celli  passed  away April  2nd , 2015 . I still  have a message  on my voice  mail from him from 2014, that I haven't  erased yet! . 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 9/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, Les said:

I worked at Celli Trucking while in high school, 1964-68. I remember a lot from that time. I was there when Bulkmatic started. I was the first one to clean the trailer hooked to 101. The drivers name was Glen Geisen. He was the first driver hired to drive the Bulkmatic. He hauled flour to a bakery in the city. I'll be back there in a few weeks (10-12-18) to visit and was wondering if Mr. Celli is still alive and receiving visitors. 

Do you remember Chip and Al that Mr. Celli sold Bulkmatic to?

• 1 year later...
On 9/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, Cincykate said:

Do you remember Chip and Al that Mr. Celli sold Bulkmatic to?

Sorry for the long absence here. I do remember Gene telling me about those guys and how he knew they were going to make a go of BULKMATIC,because they would climb into the tankers and clean the leftover flour with scrapers,when they first started working for him at a young age.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...