57 bcr

Celli Trucking Co.-A Chicago Legend

Looks like a fox tail tied to the top of the hood!  

14 hours ago, j hancock said:

Looks like a fox tail tied to the top of the hood!  

That is  the thing that made me think  it was the same  truck,Jim. The 1st  pic has a tail on it too. Unless  it's  a  coincidence,I don't  know?   Al  

I worked at Celli Trucking while in high school, 1964-68. I remember a lot from that time. I was there when Bulkmatic started. I was the first one to clean the trailer hooked to 101. The drivers name was Glen Geisen. He was the first driver hired to drive the Bulkmatic. He hauled flour to a bakery in the city. I'll be back there in a few weeks (10-12-18) to visit and was wondering if Mr. Celli is still alive and receiving visitors. 

Les: If you have any pictures of Celli or Bulkmatic Mack's please post. 57 BCR probably knows about Mr. Celli but I believe he passed away.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 1:47 PM, james j neiweem said:

Les: If you have any pictures of Celli or Bulkmatic Mack's please post. 57 BCR probably knows about Mr. Celli but I believe he passed away.

I am afraid  James is right,Les.  Eugene  "Gene" Celli  passed  away April  2nd , 2015 . I still  have a message  on my voice  mail from him from 2014, that I haven't  erased yet! . 

• Like 1