Hard Plastic Dash

I been going to bring this up for awhile but keep forgetting.The '88 Superliner I bought in Dec. has a hard plastic dash,instead of the vinyl covered foam that every other R,U,Superliner that I have or ever been around has.At least it's the first I've noticed,anyway.When was this option first available,anybody know? Personally,I think it's a good deal,as I've seen so many otherwise nice interior's marred by cracks in the soft dash covering,exposing the foam beneath.

That IS a good question! Was it when the interior color was switched to gray? My father-in-law had an '85 R688ST(Canadian-built) that had a beige/brown interior yet.I remember going to an open house at Elgin(Ill.)Mack with him in the fall of '86 and seeing a new '87 with the gray interior,but didn't notice if the dash was the hard plastic or not.Yes,Mike I liked that version of the plastic,also.More durable than the padded type.Although, I liked the beige/brown or tan interior(even the red or black Western) colors better,for some reason!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That IS a good question! Was it when the interior color was switched to gray? My father-in-law had an '85 R688ST(Canadian-built) that had a beige/brown interior yet.I remember going to an open house at Elgin(Ill.)Mack with him in the fall of '86 and seeing a new '87 with the gray interior,but didn't notice if the dash was the hard plastic or not.Yes,Mike I liked that version of the plastic,also.More durable than the padded type.Although, I liked the beige/brown or tan interior(even the red or black Western) colors better,for some reason!

My 87 had the padded dash, and it was busted all to heck, so I got a new one from Mack. It was hard plastic. Al, I always liked the tan interior better, too!

I hear you,Jake! I drove a new Granite at a truck show a few years back, and was glad to see a tan interior in it!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I liked the tan interior,but my favorite was the blue diamond tucked deluxe interior for the Superliner and Valueliner.I liked the old dark green interior like Dad had in his F model too.

My old western F model has the dark green interior in it, Mike. It's the first one I ever saw. Was it kinda rare?

Jake

My old western F model has the dark green interior in it, Mike. It's the first one I ever saw. Was it kinda rare?

not in the early seventies it wasn't,at least around here.1st tan/beige interior I saw was in the '75 F786ST Grandpa bought new .Dad,s '72 F795ST had the dark green,fully upholestered interior,armrest for the riders seat,power RH window,wood grain dash panels,the whole nine yards.We also had a '68 F685ST Grandpa bought used right after the '72 and the only upholstery it had was the seat cushions and the sleeper curtain,which were dark green,rest of the interior was the lighter green used at that time.

Wish I could find one or both of those old F models.The '68 got traded in '78 and went to NC.They sold the '72 at a Taylor & Martin auction in Kansas City in 1979.The '75 was wrecked in '79,rebuilt and sold.It went thru 3 more owners,ran up into the mid '90's then glider kitted and the remains were scrapped.