2012 mack 395

does anyone know what 2012 395 with m drive would run like? seems like an awful small engine .

That's the spec of the newest Pinnacles where I work. We have one at my terminal and although it is not my daily driver, I was sent to pick it up at the company HQ and stayed in it for the rest of the night.

The heaviest load I pulled was 26,000 lb in a 48 ft dry box. And it was able to pull the hills on the PA Turnpike between New Stanton and Carlisle without ever having to drop out of 12th gear and RPM's never went below 1250. Most of our MP7-395's have 10 speed Fullers behind them which pull the same. The company is likely going to stick with the Mdrives based on their initial experience with them and, according to my Safety Manager, they have a 750,00 mile warranty. Many of the current MP7 drivers had driven Sterlings with Mercedes MB4000's rated at 450 hp prior to being assigned new Pinnacles and say the Mack's pull much better on hills.

Jim