'97 CH613 oil in the air

I posted this over on JOT, and was told to ask over here so I'm gonna give it a shot and see what you guys think.

Just a few things, this is my neighbor's truck so if I need to give any more info it might take a little time, and since it's a Mack I'm not too familiar with it at all.

The truck in question is a 97 CH613 with an E7-427. He bought it brand new, and has been having this problem since it was 6 months old. The dealer changed the compressor with a brand new one when the truck was 6 months old, it lasted 8 months before the oil reappeared at which time it was changed for the second time. It only lasted 3 months and was changed again. We aren't sure what brand compressor was used, but he tells me they were painted gray if that will help. In total, the compressor has been changed 12 or 13 times and the problem has never gone away. The last compressor to be put on, which is still on the truck is a Bendix and within 4 months it was putting oil in the air. The air inlet to the compressor comes from the intake manifold.

If you guys have any suggestions on what to try, please let me know. He's looking to change the compressor again shortly and possibly putting a filter directly on the compressor, so it doesn't get air from the motor just to see if there's any change. Thanks!

He's cooking the compressor need to check coolant passage from head of air compressor to the block and you will most likey find the 90 degree fitting blocked or partially blocked with core sand. Clean it out and make sure air compressor is getting good coolnt flow , also if main stratoflex line has any leaks going to dryer to replace spray the whole line down with soapy water and check.

Thanks guys, the dealer claimed they knew how to fix this problem and 2300 dollars later it's still doing it. Part of what they did aside from pocket the money was change the coolant lines, and the discharge hose to the dryer is new as of 6 months ago. The oil is completely through the whole air system, and was even in the cab air bags which he found out when he had to change them. The dryer started acting up last month and was replaced last week.

I would double check that coolant 90 degree fitting at the back of the head for core sand like staxx suggested. Just because they changed the lines doesnt mean they checked the fitting for blockage. I dont think there are alot of people who know to check for the core sand blockage.

Had this problem also with the Holset compressor on my 94 CH. Went through 3 compressors before switching to a Bendix and the problem seems fixed 3 months into it. The Holsets all passed oil almost immediately. BTW, the Holset comp. were Mack grey, while the Bendix is blue/green.