Do any of you guys remember a restored metallic brown B-Model integral sleeper that was at Englishtown occasionally? I think it was from NYC maybe L.I. it had a mural of itself painted on the back of the sleeper? I only saw it once or twice and never again,i always regretted I never got a picture of it.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

That's old school

YEAH I KNOW! WHERE WOULD WE BE WITHOUT A CHAIN! WHEN I'M UNLOADING AT WORK THERE IS PARTICULAR BRAND OF FROZEN CHIPS (FRENCH FRIES TOO YOU GUYS) THAT TEND TOO SPREAD AS THEY TRAVEL AND IF THEY'RE STACKED TWO PALLETS HIGH AND SIDE BY SIDE WE NEED THE CHAINS TOO PULL THEM OUT WITH THE FORKLIFT! WE DON'T HAVE A LOADING DOCK! :whistling:

:mack1:

me to Vinster, in all red or the red white and blue ones! nothing like a heavy Mack with a Cresci box. what happened to Cresci? did they get bought out?

A. Cresci & Son Inc. – Boulevard & Grape St. Vineland, New Jersey – beverage bodies – 1968 Silver Book

In the 30s-50s they specialized in Hi-Lift Coal and Coke bodies as well as heavy-duty dump, semi-trailer dump, and platform dump bodies.

xxxxxxxx

1874 - Augustino Cresci purchased 12 acres on Piacenza Avenue in Vineland, NJ

ad in 1953 Silver Book pp92-93

1968 Silver Book

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Business dissolved in 1975 at a public auction.

When I was leased to Atlas Van Lines,our local agent was right across the street from Cresci,they had dump bodies stacked up three high sometimes! there is now a company that builds dumpsters in the old Northwest Boulevard location.................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 2 weeks later...

hey nj guys do you know of anyone looking to sell any granite 10 wheelers with light steel bodies and must be 58 rears let me know thanks

Not a Granite but I have a nice and clean 1999 RD with 270k miles and 58 rears I'm thinking about selling to get a tri-axle.

Well I listed my Jersey spec'd Mack RD dump on Craigslist a few days ago. The reason im selling is to buy a tri axle. With all the praise I hear about Allison's I may try to find one with an automatic. Is there any years I should avoid?

I figured I would link the ad in case any Jersey guys were interested.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/4429373136.html

Thanks for the info on the 08 to 11's. I wish I could buy a new truck. I just don't think I could justify the price tag of a new one. I still may stop at H&H to browse maybe they will be able to find something.

My biggest concern going with an automatic is towing with one and not having enough control. How are the automatics towing a tag trailer? Have to ever had a 160 sized machine behind yours?

That's good to hear. I can't find a reason not to look for an auto truck. The turning radius is one thing I will miss with the tandem but everyone always wants tri axles anymore. If I'm not using the truck for myself I want out to go to work for someone else instead of sitting.