Wow, Mark! That's a great old pic.

That would have been about the time when it was known as the Sandman truckstop. Well before the current Petro/Loves that is there now at Exit 7 NJTP.

• Like 1

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

One of my grandfathers old Jersey trucks. I think it's a Mack but I do know he owned one Brockway and White so I'm not sure. Does anyone know the model? I believe late 40's early 50's in Bayonne. He own some b modelss too but I have to find the pictures.

post-3629-0-54643700-1393195241_thumb.jp

Edited by earthmover
  • Like 2

Neat picture! that is a White "Super Power" (probably model WC-22) not a Mack,i truly enjoy seeing these pictures of everyone elses families involved in trucking,thanks for posting!...........Mark BTW,where you from in Jersey? born and raised in South Jersey myself,but now living in VA.

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Neat picture! that is a White "Super Power" (probably model WC-22) not a Mack,i truly enjoy seeing these pictures of everyone elses families involved in trucking,thanks for posting!...........Mark BTW,where you from in Jersey? born and raised in South Jersey myself,but now living in VA.

Thanks for the info! I have to find some more of his old pictures. He ran his own trucking business for a while then drove for Preston till he retired.

One of my grandfathers old Jersey trucks. I think it's a Mack but I do know he owned one Brockway and White so I'm not sure. Does anyone know the model? I believe late 40's early 50's in Bayonne. He own some b modelss too but I have to find the pictures.

There is an old ganster movie call White Heat with Jimmy Cagney, they take one a these wc's with a tank trailer to rob a chem. Co in CA back in the late 40's

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

I was looking for a picture of that truck! but couldn't remember the name of the movie! thanks Ernie! I think in the movie they said they had about $12,000.00 tied up in the truck and trailer! I know one thing,theres NO WAY anybody would have closed me up inside that tanker trailer! I would have had to been the driver or stay home!.....................................Mark

post-5836-0-68747600-1393278114_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.