Mass.,Conn.,NY., Construction Trucks

I guess if I ever want to see anything older than trucks from the early-mid ninties I will have to move up to your parts of the world.Down here in Philly I can probley count on both hands how many old DM,B models trucks are still around.I'm not talking about trucks that are still being used,but trucks that are parked in someone yard. It's may be for the best because if they were around I would most likely be going after them.I know of just one B81 that is sitting in a fellow yard,that is just rusting away to junk.I talked with the owner this past summer and he is not about to sell it.He told me that he was going to restore it.That will happen when pigs learn to fly.I guess I will have to keep looking.

I drove around the Philly / Trenton area from 2006 to 2012..about 600 miles every week. Superliners, R Models and a few DM`s most of which I saw in Jersey. Haines and Kibblehouse seems to have the most well maintained fleet of older Macks in the area..there is a B 81 sitting in a yard in Sellersville PA but I never saw it move..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

Bigdogtrucker,to answer your ? I would say they disappeared sometime in the late 80's.We still used afew bmodels for water tankers but that was about it.JDM had a shit load of b models mixers,dumps running.I guess what really got them to all disappear were the DOT boys.There are a few township down on the outskirts of Philly that are inpossible to deal with. Rich,H&K has up dated their fleet to mostly Granaites and a few DM.Any of the older trucks are the ones that came with the companies they brought.I don't see the numbers of trucks running around hauling stone and fill like it was back 3-5 years ago.The quarries around here have cut back on their times they are open and really have cut back with the amount of truckers they used.Where did you see that B81 in Sellersville I would like to go and see it,maybe even make a offer on it.Mike

• Like 1

Rich,yes they still have a few R models around.Someone told me H&K have around 200 or more trucks now.Not that they are all running,I think most of them are parked,they have a company valled Stone Express out of Delaware that would run sand from Del and take stone back with them,nowadays I don't see hardly any of those trucks around It just a sign of our great economy.Construction work here in and around PHilly is almost dead.There are two large jobs going on one by Welch out of Chicago,and Anderson Construction out of Philly.Both job are on the cheap side,Welch left 25 million on the table,his job is a 220 million job but that extra 25 million would look awful nice on his side of the table.

Rich,yes they still have a few R models around.Someone told me H&K have around 200 or more trucks now.Not that they are all running,I think most of them are parked,they have a company valled Stone Express out of Delaware that would run sand from Del and take stone back with them,nowadays I don't see hardly any of those trucks around It just a sign of our great economy.Construction work here in and around PHilly is almost dead.There are two large jobs going on one by Welch out of Chicago,and Anderson Construction out of Philly.Both job are on the cheap side,Welch left 25 million on the table,his job is a 220 million job but that extra 25 million would look awful nice on his side of the table.

Anderson had a pretty lackluster year in terms of milling and paving. We spent a lot of time running dirt out of that Richmond Street job.

Every time I see any H&K trucks in our yard waiting for asphalt, the drivers are always painting their wheels lol

Where di d Anderson go with the waste dirt off that job.It looked like most of his milling machines sat all summer,I guess the city didn't do much milling this past year.

Either Clean Earth on 61st and Passyunk or an H&K site over in Bellmawr NJ. We ran up to the Tullytown landfill for a week with the real bad stuff.

Milling and paving wise, we did Chestnut and Market street from front to 63rd, Baltimore ave, Castor ave, Whitaker ave and Rising Sun. I was in a water truck for all that. They might have had more using rental trucks because we were mostly running dirt and working on site on that Richmond job.