Repair dollar amounts this year

dds92780

I am not sure where to post this but i just wanted to know if anyone was anywhere close in repair bills as me this year.

I bought my truck this year in july and did the brakes(s cams, bushings, pads, drums) Trunion bushings, new 44k spring packs, drivetrain yoke, new injectors, pump rebuild, spring hangar on front (failed safety test for being a hair off :( , trailer brakes, new lower exhaust, couple wheel seals, ran out of fuel because i discovered the fuel supply tube isnt down far enough (runs out when it has 10 gallons left) etc etc.

Im at 19000 so far NINETEEN THOUSAND!!!!!!!

my last truck i would have to do about 7k in repairs a year on it which i thought was about normal. i got out of trucking and it bit me hard this year, but i learned a lot along the way and i hope i only spend about 5k or less next year now. I mean , everything is practically new now. only thing i can do is a NEW HEAD lol

Lets hear your numbers, make me feel better please :)

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Yeah i guess thats about the only thing to be happy about. I think i forgot to mention that i had the isolator pads done too. I had one axle done on a saturday, then the next saturday had them done and then i wanted to get the trunion bushings done the next saturday and mechanic called and said we have a problem. we took the trunion bushings out and found out that you have cracks in the spring packs and you need to replace them. So now they have it all apart and two days of work im missing and they could of done the isolator pads right there if i had known better. So that was a big waste of time to do the pads when i could of had it all done at once. one of those coulda woulda shoulda things :(

• Like 1

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Not counting oil changes and tires which I consider normal wear items, I spent about $1500 on my 86 Superliner this year on repairs. This amounted to new brakes, slack adjusters, cam bushings, a new y pipe for the exhaust, and fixing a few electrical issues. I spent $9500 on the 2007 Rawhide my son drove on one repair, a new transmission, which failed at 485,000 miles. Unacceptable in my book for a Mack transmission. I am still fighting with Mack about this. And they wonder why I bought an 88 Superliner to replace it!

• Like 1

My 96 RD didn't eat alot this year. Two rear ends going out simultaneously the first month I had it in late 2010 was fun though. I'm gonna guess I spent about $1,000.00 on two new front springs, and maybe another grand on general up keep. I put about 25k miles on it a year. I'm anticipating new injectors and a pump rebuild coming up pretty soon, though. My big wallet drain this year came from my 943 Cat track loader. $10,000 on a new undercarriage, $350 on cylinder packing kits, $1500.00 on a used bucket, $500.00 on pins and bushings, $2,000.00 on a pump rebuild, and $500 on injectors. It's ready to go for spring time though!

Jake

Not counting oil changes and tires which I consider normal wear items, I spent about $1500 on my 86 Superliner this year on repairs. This amounted to new brakes, slack adjusters, cam bushings, a new y pipe for the exhaust, and fixing a few electrical issues. I spent $9500 on the 2007 Rawhide my son drove on one repair, a new transmission, which failed at 485,000 miles. Unacceptable in my book for a Mack transmission. I am still fighting with Mack about this. And they wonder why I bought an 88 Superliner to replace it!

We have had all of our 2005 and newer Mack transmissions apart for one reason or another. Most them acted up early enough to be covered on warranty, but most had synchro problems again once they were out of warranty. I agree, not what one should expect from a Mack trans. -Brad