Chicago R models

yep naperville exc.  they have a lot, i mean, a lot of old stuff. Not sure how much runs anymore, but they never get rid of anything. Diamond Redimix has several, T&W has one, and Naperville has one. it's my new home, haha. The lowboy truck is pretty nice also for a 1997 T800. The lowboy truck is set up to pull the dump, but my empty weight would prob be 40K, so I use the spare R model. As for the trailer...it's an old axle frame trailer with a dierzen body on it...not sure anybody wants that!

c

19 hours ago, storkmack said:

White lil money maker.   Paid $2500 for that with a blown C12. 

cam follower bad? usually what goes on those.  t&w and naperville have 4 or 5 petes with the c12, none made it over 500k without a rebuild. I was lucky i guess...my 01 intl 9200 had 644k when i got rid of it

We bought it with. 525k miles on the clock and the motor apart in a crate. Had a set of new drive tires on it.  Wrapped up about $20K in the motor but it’s complete.   If it runs 5 years we will chalk it up as a win.   The purple 9200 we had we gave $6500 for it, ran it 2 years didn’t do anything but maintenance to it and sold it for $5700.  That one was a M11.   That was a win also.  

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, mackey58 said:

I think thats all harry Kuhn had was hilbilt frameless 

The trailer behind the R model is an old Harry W. Kuhn trailer, the one behind the CH is an old Doetch trailer.   My uncle worked for Kuhn right up until the end, Dad worked their for a few seasons in the late eighties.  

Soooooo. Thg hey bought me one new aluminum rim for the RD cause it was wore out. I cannot find the yellow rim guard to not scuff the  rim I ve tried pomps,action  fleet parts,rush to center  ,cti  no one has them  guess I gotta  try to order one somewhere 

2 hours ago, mackey58 said:

On a 1990RD can you do a direct mount hyd.pump instead of the shaft going from the trans to the pump

You can but, with the Mack trans case being aluminum most people mount them with a bracket to help take up some of the weight.  We have them both ways and to date, I have not seen a Mack case crack.