Glasford IL to Altoona PA

farmer52

I bought a John Deere garden cart from a dealer in Glasford, IL.

The cart is about 6' long (including hitch) x 3' wide x 3' high. Two (2) guys can easily lift the cart.

Would like to get it by the end of this year.

Anyone that could transport it back to central PA?

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks!!

post-3289-0-21212700-1354212350_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for someone who might be in the area. I posted this on a few other forums. I received one reply - $450 (special trip from IL to PA). Needless to say I turned him down. Shoot, if I don't have it by spring I will get it myself. Planning a trip to IL, ID, UT, and OK to see friends. Just was not planning to take the pickup (15mpg).

Ken

Holy crap Ken. That sucks. You could have the dealer strap it to a skid and truck freight it cheaper!! Pick it up at local terminal. We're talking $100-150 maybe? Get a quote in writing so when they try to screw you over you have something to show them. Just say, CYA.

You do realize that is over Rob's way? Like 1/2 hour from Farmington, IL.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Holy crap Ken. That sucks. You could have the dealer strap it to a skid and truck freight it cheaper!! Pick it up at local terminal. We're talking $100-150 maybe? Get a quote in writing so when they try to screw you over you have something to show them. Just say, CYA.

You do realize that is over Rob's way? Like 1/2 hour from Farmington, IL.

Hi Larry,

Yes I know Rob lives close but he is "out of touch". Also, my friend lives just north of Peoria (about 1/2 hour NE of Glasford) and, when he gets time, is going to stop by and get it to this place. At least it would be in "friendly" confines. I was hoping to pay less than $100. If I pay more, then the bargain becomes a "loss".

Ken

That's the catch for buying stuff like that. Cheap, but need to have to have a shipping plan ahead of time to make it worth the while.

I sold(ie:cheap) a bench seat out of my '67 F100 years back. The guy was from Okie, and I thought great what is this gunno take. Come to find out the guys dad lived just outside of Barberton!!! He picked it up at my work!! Talk about "EASY" button LOL!!!

I've got Rob's number, but I know he goes AWOL sometimes.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

That's the catch for buying stuff like that. Cheap, but need to have to have a shipping plan ahead of time to make it worth the while.

I sold(ie:cheap) a bench seat out of my '67 F100 years back. The guy was from Okie, and I thought great what is this gunno take. Come to find out the guys dad lived just outside of Barberton!!! He picked it up at my work!! Talk about "EASY" button LOL!!!

I've got Rob's number, but I know he goes AWOL sometimes.

My IL friend is close to Glasford and I owe him a visit. If I can't find anyone at a reasonable price, I will get it myself. Maybe I could put a hitch on my car and tow it back to PA. It might fit in the trunk of my 98 Grand Prix (once it is in pieces). Or if SD has a Mack show in IA I could strap it on the back of my MH.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Disassembled and flat I bet it would ship for less than $100.00 delivered to the nearest terminal for your pick up. Just for chuckles call a UPS Store in the area and see what they would charge to disassemble and crate it.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!