New Here B42 From Mass

RC51

:WELCOME: To BMT ENjoy

BTW : is your B42 A Gas bunner or converted to diesel ?

My B422T Orig had a 438 Mack gas in it it now has a 711 now since 1969 when dad bought it from friends of the family w/ the 438 blown im now wanting to put a 350 4v in him when i find the time parts are eaiser to find for the 350 now than the 711 (still running but just wanting to update ) .

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I converted it to a 673 when I got it,as the reason why it was given to me was a sick 402.When I got it back,I noticed the double rails were perfect,all the way to the back.There was blowby and road oil from one end to the other.It just needed doors and fenders due to buckled edges and a little usual rust.Luckily,I did it when Bob just started out Tidewater Mack's parts program,so most the stuff came cheap.Did 4 new 62-111 springs w/helpers,22" spokes,new dump body.It has a triplex behind it,which I want to change out when I put the 675 in it.I has a jake with the split P intake manifold spacers,Sheppard power steering.A 1000 sq.in radiator from a Carolina Freight B-67,that required a hand made hood that I have to finish fitting the hardware to.I never quite got it 100%,because we needed the time to build a new shop,so it's sat for 10 years in the bay.This off season's the time to fit her the rest of the way out.I could use a good set of the later extruded style B-75 shutters and frame.as mine have a few damaged ones.Al

:WELCOME: To BMT ENjoy

BTW : is your B42 A Gas bunner or converted to diesel ?

My B422T Orig had a 438 Mack gas in it it now has a 711 now since 1969 when dad bought it from friends of the family w/ the 438 blown im now wanting to put a 350 4v in him when i find the time parts are eaiser to find for the 350 now than the 711 (still running but just wanting to update ) .

later

:mack1: