Air seats

I just got a set of seats out of a mid 2000 international. Nothing too fancy but they are in perfect shape, arm rests, and lumber air bag. Will these bolt on fairly easy. I know I will need to drill new holes for the passenger side but want to hear the pro and cons with the arm rests. Should I remove the ones that face the doors. I also don't like hi backs in r models but they were free and a lot better than this 35 year old bostrom.

I was always comfortable with the pad on the door and doubt that I would've used one on the seat if so equipped. If you are unable to find a good way to cover the hole you can just leave in the up postion rather than remove them. This way you can swap out the right passenger armrest when the right driver starts to wear without having to remember where you put them after they were removed.

Jim

This was the week of seat exchanges for me. I had found a new Eldoradro VIP on craiglist for $250. It s a deal, so I jump on it. Put it in last Sunday and I couldn't wait to get on the road in it Monday. Right off the bat I didn't care for how high the lowest setting was. I figured I would get used to it. Monday was ok, Tuesday about 3 PM I start getting a pain in back just below my shoulder blades., Wednesday the pain sets in a lil earlier and by Friday, it's noon time and I really can't get excited about getting back in the truck. So yesterday after I got back to the shop, I put my old Bostom back in. I have had that seat for 9 years. Replaced the bottom cushion 3 times in those 9 years. It's just getting to a point wear it is wore out. Called the local dealer the local dealer and a new grey,vinyl , mid back Bostrom with the dog embossed on the back goes for $450. Guess we will get through the winter and see what spring brings, even it is just a sore butt. -Brad

just a matter of personal preference,but i really don't like the eldorado seats,or the way they travel,always feels (to me) like your gonna get dumped on the floor when you hit a bad bump. My dad changed from Bostroms to eldorados in his peterbilt,granted they look nice,fit the cab good,but ride like shit! i really don't care for highback seats either,but thats pretty much all you can get OEM these days........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I picked up this Talledega a few years ago. It's too tall for a B model, unless I can find a short pedestal for it? Seat is brand new, just dusty now from sitting in my garage.

SDC10131.jpg

Using it for a comfy garage chair presently. I don't mind my Bostrom seats, I had the drivers seat recovered in cloth about 10 yrs ago as I hated the vinyl(too freak'n hot to sit on, sweat my ass off). Do wish I had arm rests, but might look at getting those clip on types that hang on the door windows.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It's my buddy's car. He bought it new in '83. With my '69 F100 back in 1990.

tbird_0001.jpg

About 1992 we cut it up:

tbird_0002.jpg

He sold the original 4banger in 1994, the car sat since then. He started finishing the roll cage and stuff, but lost interest. I finally kicked him hard enough he brought it over and we worked a couple winters on it.

Getting 460/doug nash 5spd put in:

SDC10625.jpg

Cage and finished the interior:

SDC10248.jpg

He is very meticulous and everything was done perfect:

SDC10691.jpg

Finally about 18 yrs later, it hits the track this past spring. Runs 10.3's in the 1/4 mile.

2012-05-05_18-33-37_669.jpg

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"