T2090

One bad dog

there are two different Mack 9 spds, one shifts like an eaton lo-1-2-3-4-range split-5-6-7-8 and the other is lo-1-2-3-range split-4-5-6-7-8 the latter is what I had in my 93 CH it gets you into high range quicker so in town or on low speed roads you can stay in one range the 4 hole in the low range is not to be used you go back to lo in high range like a 10 spd.

post-5240-0-68679600-1351816375.jpg

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

My point being make sure you have the right one before you get crazy, the number on the side of the trans will tell you which one you have then someone can tell you for sure, if you use 4 low range and it runs almost the same speed as 3 low its the pattern above, if you drop 4-500 rpm its supposed to be used its the old style t2090.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

SuperDog

I ran the RW613 today and tried the shift the way you described above-- It does take a little getting used to but it does seem to be a better transition between low and high.

Thanks- love it when I learn something new.

Superdog or 84 Superdog? ha who cares it works so its good, I gotta get to Superdog's place and see this Mecca of Macks I keep hearing about and pick his brain, Im bound to learn something(and maybe talk him out of a truck)!

Yeah from what I see here superdog buys another truck every week!